The most recent update of the National Water Commission (Conagua) warned that Hurricane Agatha “is located 130 kilometers south of Lagunas Chacahua, Oaxaca, as category 2 on the Saffir-Simpson scale.
The cyclone is moving northeast at 9 kilometers per hour, with maximum sustained winds of 175 kilometers per hour and gusts of up to 215 kilometers per hour.
The forecast is that at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 30, it will be located 45 km southwest of Puerto Ángel, Oaxaca and 60 km south-southeast of Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, where it will make landfall as a category 2 hurricane.
By the early morning of May 31, it will be on land and downgraded as a tropical storm, and by 1:00 p.m. it could degrade to a permanent low pressure still on land.
The forecasts of rains are punctual and intense in territories such as Oaxaca and Chiapas, very strong in the states of Guerrero and Tabasco, and punctual strong in Veracruz, Campeche, Yucatán, and Quintana Roo.
Through a statement, the Secretariat of Infrastructure, Communications, and Transportation (SICT) reported that they are prepared to receive category 2 hurricane Agatha that threatens to hit the Mexican coast on the afternoon of this Monday, May 30.
The institution assured in this sense that they will seek to attend in a timely manner the damage that the hurricane could cause through the country, for which they prepared a preventive deployment.
It is about making available to the people both technical personnel from the Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Tabasco, and Veracruz SCT Centers, as well as crews, machinery, and vehicles from Routine Conservation contractors.
The authorities responsible for the SICT announced the deployment of 329 engineers and technicians, 1,156 workers, in addition to 263 vehicles and 178 heavy machinery equipment.
Heavy machinery is from backhoes and motor graders and dump trucks, “which, if necessary, will be mobilized to immediately attend to the points of the road network where damages occur .”
The objective of the latter, they assured, will be to go to highway points to restore vehicular traffic immediately, in addition to providing security to road users.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Criminals gangs burn stores and vehicles in Jalisco and Guanajuato Terror took hold of Jalisco and Guanajuato on Tuesday night. Criminals burned cars, trucks, and businesses, and also blocked several roads in these two states just after 7:00 p.m. The violence was the response to the operation to arrest a regional criminal and the clashes between crime rings and members of the Army, as explained…
- Mexico governmental agency investigates Sonora Grill for accusations of separating diners by skin color The luxury restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group is in the eye of the hurricane due to accusations that point to alleged acts of discrimination and racism against its diners. The accusations started at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk street in the Polanco neighborhood -one of the most exclusive in the capital-, where they…
- Allegations that Amber Heard blackmailed Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp are creepy, even for her If the latest reports that Amber Heard had a strategic plan to blackmail Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp the judgment against her, it’s the creepiest thing that we have seen from the actress during her very public spiral. And maybe the creepiest thing from Elon Musk, which says a lot. After starring in and…
- Woman’s body found in a suitcase in Puerto Vallarta On Saturday night, authorities located the body of a person inside a suitcase on Antonio J. Hernández street and Prolongación Zacatecas street in the Primero de Mayo neighborhood in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. The report was made to the 911 emergency service where a suspicious package was mentioned on Antonio J. Hernández street at…
- Texas man dies at Blue Chairs Hotel in Puerto Vallarta Another unfortunate death was recorded in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta, where a 71-year-old man from Texas was found dead inside his hotel room at the Blue Chairs Hotel on Los Muertos Beach. It was announced that the man apparently died of natural causes, however, as there was no direct relative who could officially…