The Undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell, announced that the coronavirus epidemic in Mexico has already been down for 10 weeks. During the morning press conference, the official reported that from week 39 to 40, the estimated case curve was reduced by 30% at the beginning of the week.
“As we have been reporting, we are fortunate that for 10 consecutive weeks, the third wave of the epidemic has been reducing, reducing, reducing its intensity in all indicators.”
In addition, the Undersecretary detailed that only 1% of coronavirus infections (38,135) are active, which represents people who presented symptoms of the disease in the last 14 days.
Regarding hospitalizations from SARS-CoV-2 infection, López-Gatell stressed that the units continue to see a decline as there are fewer patients to attend to than those who are discharged.
“78% is the general reduction if we consider the highest point of the epidemic in Mexico, which was the crest of the second wave during the first week of this year,” said the official.
On the other hand, the undersecretary pointed out that “no indication has been observed that the opening of schools results in a rebound in the epidemic .” He specified that for the age segment of 5 to 17 years there is a trend of reduction of the coronavirus epidemic.
Practically all the cases (in minors) have been mild cases, without major consequence, since in this population the risk of severe COVID-19 is very low.
In this sense, it reported that only 0.25% of schools throughout the country have been affected by SARS-CoV-2.
According to the Ministry of Health, until this Tuesday, October 12, 282,227 confirmed deaths and 3, 725,242 accumulated cases of COVID-19 have been registered in Mexico since the beginning of the pandemic.
The entities with the highest rate of active cases per 100,000 inhabitants and therefore where there is the highest viral activity, according to the SSa are: Tabasco, Colima, Mexico City, Guanajuato, Yucatán, Querétaro, Baja California, Coahuila , Aguascalientes and Nuevo León.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- What will the megastorm that threatens California be like, according to science California, located on the west coast of the United States, has been prone to earthquakes, droughts, and abundant wildfires every year for generations. But several scientists have warned in recent days that a big storm is coming that could unleash a devastating flood, as happened in 1862. 160 years ago, 30 consecutive days of rain…
- Mexico moves a step closer to militarization with more than 2,000 new National Guards hitting the streets The shootings and arsons set by drug cartels in four states over the course of several days last week have left Mexicans wondering why they did it and what the criminal gangs want. While the federal government, in an attempt to calm the collective panic, has reinforced the military and National Guard presence in the…
- Playa de Oro joins the list of Puerto Vallarta beaches with Blue Flag certification As of today, Playa de Oro joins the list of Puerto Vallarta beaches that have received the Blue Flag Certificate. The Crown Paradise hotel was the venue to receive the award, where municipal authorities and private initiatives were pleased to receive the distinction. At the event, Joaquin Díaz Ríos, executive director of the Foundation For…
- United States and Canada issued travel alerts to 16 Mexican states The United States and Canada issued travel alerts to 16 Mexican states after organized crime groups have attacked civilians and burned vehicles in various cities in recent days. The United States government recommended its citizens not to travel to five states in the country, while for another 11 entities it advised them to reconsider travel…
- How much more inflation can restaurants in Puerto Vallarta take? Inflation has hit Puerto Vallarta’s restaurant sector hard, because the constant increase in prices of supplies has forced restaurateurs to maintain their prices, without lowering the quality of their products, a fact that has affected the economy of the restaurant sector. “The impact is great because the whole issue of inflation directly affects the cost,”…