A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Escuinapa and south to Cabo Corrientes, including Puerto Vallarta, due to the passing of Tropical Storm Pamela.
A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area within 36 hours.
Tropical Storm Pamela is expected to strengthen to a category 1 hurricane in the overnight hours of Monday and early morning Tuesday. Pamela is forecasted to intensify rapidly on Tuesday and make landfall as a major hurricane in Sinaloa.
Puerto Vallarta is located on the southern edge of the warning area and could experience high seas and rains through Tuesday as the storm passes the coast of Jalisco.
Storm surge is expected to produce significant coastal flooding in areas of onshore winds near where the center of Pamela makes landfall in southwestern Mexico. Near the coast, the surge will be accompanied by large and destructive waves.
Hurricane conditions are expected within the Hurricane Warning area by late Tuesday night or early Wednesday, with tropical storm conditions beginning as early as Tuesday evening. Tropical storm conditions are possible within the Tropical Storm Watch area in Baja California del Sur by Tuesday afternoon.
Through Thursday, Pamela is expected to produce the following rainfall amounts:
Across the Mexican States of Sinaloa and western Durango…4 to 8 inches with isolated maximum totals of 12 inches. This rainfall may trigger significant and life-threatening flash flooding and mudslides.
Across southern portions of Baja California Sur…2 to 4 inches with isolated maximum totals of 6 inches.
Across portions of central Texas and southeastern Oklahoma…2 to 4 inches with isolated maximum totals of 6 inches.
Swells generated by Pamela will affect portions of the southern Baja California peninsula and southwestern and west-central mainland Mexico beginning Tuesday. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Texas man dies at Blue Chairs Hotel in Puerto Vallarta Another unfortunate death was recorded in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta, where a 71-year-old man from Texas was found dead inside his hotel room at the Blue Chairs Hotel on Los Muertos Beach. It was announced that the man apparently died of natural causes, however, as there was no direct relative who could officially…
- Allegations that Amber Heard blackmailed Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp are creepy, even for her If the latest reports that Amber Heard had a strategic plan to blackmail Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp the judgment against her, it’s the creepiest thing that we have seen from the actress during her very public spiral. And maybe the creepiest thing from Elon Musk, which says a lot. After starring in and…
- Mexico governmental agency investigates Sonora Grill for accusations of separating diners by skin color The luxury restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group is in the eye of the hurricane due to accusations that point to alleged acts of discrimination and racism against its diners. The accusations started at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk street in the Polanco neighborhood -one of the most exclusive in the capital-, where they…
- Puerto Vallarta doesn’t have a crocodile problem, it has a people problem Crocodiles are species that have lived in Puerto Vallarta for thousands of years, they were living in the area before people were here and were present before the area was developed as a tourist destination, crocodile, specialist and handler Armando Rubio Delgado and Jaime Torres Guerrero, director of the El Saldo estuary, agree. The immediacy…
- Woman’s body found in a suitcase in Puerto Vallarta On Saturday night, authorities located the body of a person inside a suitcase on Antonio J. Hernández street and Prolongación Zacatecas street in the Primero de Mayo neighborhood in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. The report was made to the 911 emergency service where a suspicious package was mentioned on Antonio J. Hernández street at…