The new sanitary provisions in the restaurant sector that were announced today is a severe blow to its economy, however, it will be a challenge that they will have to overcome, said the president of Canirac in Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Nayarit, Sergio Jaime Santos.
Today, Governor Enrique Alfaro Ramírez, announced that as measures to reduce infections and hospitalizations due to Covid 19, the Health Board agreed, among other provisions, to reduce hours and capacity in restaurants, from 75 to 50 percent the capacity and closings from 1:00 in the morning to 12:00 at night.
“Hopefully these measures that are being established do not put the restaurant sector at risk. We must abide by them to return to the rhythm of economic recovery that we have been managing,” said Jaime Santos when questioned about the Governor’s announcement today.
Despite the fact that the measure puts the economic income of the sector at risk, by reducing capacity and hours, for the restaurant leader, this is a new challenge that they will have to overcome, as long as the biosecurity measures are redoubled.
Santos said the union has been complying with health standards, however, “we must admit, socially they have been relaxing.”
Not wanting to venture to estimate of losses due to these measures, Jaime Santos acknowledged that it will be a “considerable” decrease in income, above all, that the restrictions are back in place in the middle of the holiday period, where all hopes were placed on recovering last year’s losses.
“We are definitely facing another new challenge. We have already done it and we are going to achieve it so that after this month of August we can continue with an accelerated recovery as we had already had in previous days,” he said.
While restaurants are facing restrictions, bars and clubs in Puerto Vallarta were ordered to completely close beginning August 1, 2021.
In support of the employees of bars and clubs, the governor said that they will support the staff “so that waiters, administration and cleaning people have a guaranteed income during August.”
The governor reiterated that the priority of the health board is the return to classes, for that reason they must “stop in a forceful way the disorder that has been generated in the bars and clubs.”
“Education comes first before the party,” said the state leader when announcing the new measures.
- First came ‘Red Tide’, now a warning in Bahía de Banderas for ‘Green Tide’ After the presence for several months of red tide in the waters of Banderas Bay (Cabo Corrientes and Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco and Banderas Bay, Nayarit), which has left thousands of dead fish on the beaches, researchers from the University of Guadalajara now detected green tide. María del Carmen Cortés Lara, Master of Science and researcher…
- Authorities have only reviewed 2 of the 15 cameras at hotel where Debanhi’s body was found Mario Escobar, Debanhi’s father, revealed that only the video recordings of two of the fifteen cameras that were found in the Nueva Castilla Motel during the last search have been analyzed. He reported that he made a request to review all the videos, through the Executive Commission for Victim Assistance. At a press conference, the…
- COVID-19 in Jalisco increases 37% in the last week after mask mandate is lifted Since the Government of Jalisco eliminated the mask mandate, COVID infections have increased by 37% in the State. After more than two years of the pandemic, on May 10 the use of face masks in public and private places became optional. The sanitary measure was only maintained in public transport and in hospitals. From that…
- Robust Mexican consumer emerges as a bright spot in weak economy Not all is rosy for Mexico’s economy as it deals with a two-decade annual inflation high and sluggish economic growth, but consumption levels have now reached pre-pandemic levels in Latin America’s second-largest economy. Spending has increased as Mexicans living abroad sent a record $12.5 billion in remittances home during the first quarter, tourism picked up,…
- Mexico’s supreme court rules the process of hunting down migrants in the country is unconstitutional The reviews carried out by the National Migration Institute ( INM ) at points other than international transit posts are unconstitutional, ruled the First Chamber of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation ( SCJN ) of Mexico. In a statement issued this Thursday, the Supreme Court of Mexico said that the immigration review…