We recommend these five things to do in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico:
1. Visit the historic center. Take a long walk with your family, or partner, along the malecon, look at the many sculptures, sand castles and sand sculptures created almost every day by local artists, view the Huichol figures formed with small stones, and take a break on many of the benches and resting spots along the malecon and just enjoy a nice breeze and fresh air. Along the malecon and its side streets are numerous restaurants, cafes, bars, and nightclubs.
2. Marina Vallarta. The Marina welcomes cruise ships to the port from all over the world. Marina Vallarta is also known for its world-class golf courses where you can spend the day practicing your best shot. Don’t forget to dine at one of the many fresh seafood restaurants in the area and walk the Marina shops. The Marina is breathtaking in the evening and perfect for a romantic walk and dinner.
3. Boat Tour. From the Marina you can take a small boat to places like the Marieta Island, Los Arcos, or Las Animas beaches where arrival by boat is the only option.
Located near Mismaloya in the Bay of Banderas is Los Arcos, the most popular diving and snorkeling destination in Puerto Vallarta. This protected marine preserve offers several small islands offering reefs, tunnels, caves, and arches teeming with marine life. See a wide variety of sea life, such as spotted Eagle Rays, octopus, lobster, angelfish, puffer fish, needlefish, clownfish, and more. You can book a tour to Los Arcos online, here
4. Food Tour. Puerto Vallarta is known as the second largest gastronomic destinations in Mexico for the variety of its flavors. Treat yourself to one of Puerto Vallarta’s top restaurants where you are likely to have one of the best meals of your life!
5. Do an adventure. Puerto Vallarta is known for its beaches, but because of its location between the bay and the mountains, there are endless activities to keep you busy. Try soring over the forest on a zipline, or horseback riding along the river, or get really muddy with an ATV adventure through the forest. No matter what your pace, Puerto Vallarta offers an adventure for everyone.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here