With the presentation of the Costalegre Regional Strategic Plan (PERC), businessmen and the government plan to convert this Jalisco destination as “the most important tourism, environmental and social development project in the Mexican Pacific.”
When presenting the PERC, and after announcing an investment of more than 2.4 billion pesos to be spent between now and 2024, Governor Enrique Alfaro highlighted that the plan includes projects, actions, and work agenda “so that this place becomes a tourist destination of excellence”.
The plan includes 16 initiatives and a portfolio of 35 projects, some already executed and others in the process, for an amount of 1.5 billion pesos, and in the next three years $910 million pesos more, both public and private, will be added.
Alfaro Ramírez indicated that from 2022 the government and the Private Initiative will invest 62 million pesos in the completion of the Chalacatepec airport, as well as in the construction of a highway bypass to reduce the travel time between Puerto Vallarta and Chalacatepec by 45 minutes.
At the beginning of the last state administration the intention of various luxury hotel chains was announced to settle in the Costalegre de Jalisco, among them, One and Only, Four Seasons and Louis Vuitton; But the attraction of investment to the region has been conditioned to the development of infrastructure that allows its connectivity with both Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo, Colima.
“What we can see is first-rate infrastructure, because what this infrastructure generates is an opportunity for development, the possibility of continuing to draw investment, the possibility of continuing to have a better future for everyone,” said Alfaro Ramírez.
The infrastructure project in the region includes the completion, this year, of two new highways that will link the mountains with the coast; one of them is the Chamela-Villa Purificación-Autlán de Navarro road, and the other, the Talpa de Allende-Llano Grande-Tomatlán road.
“Thus, Costalegre will connect the road infrastructure with the Puerto Vallarta airport, the Manzanillo airport in the southern part adjacent to Cihuatlán, and soon with the Chalacatepec airport, which will help the tourist developments in this part of Jalisco. Urbanization projects are being carried out, very important hotels are coming”, commented the governor of Jalisco.
Among the projects to be developed in the region is also an industrial agro-park so that local agro-producers can market their products through the Costalegre brand.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- Tropical Storm “Orlene” is now moving north off the coast of Jalisco – Tropical Storm Warning Tropical Storm “Orlene” is now moving north off the coast of Jalisco and Colima. Its cloud bands produce very heavy rains in western Mexico. Puerto Vallarta has been upgraded to a Tropical Storm Warning, previously under a tropical storm watch. A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning…
- Subscriber Content: Tropical Storm Orlene Live Updates Latest update October 1, 2022 – 6:00 AM – Puerto Vallarta has been upgraded to a Tropical Storm Warning from a previous Tropical Storm Watch.
- Hurricane Orlene expected to bring intense rains, winds, and waves to Puerto Vallarta on Saturday On Saturday and Sunday, Hurricane Orlene will move as a hurricane to the north-northeast, along the coast of Mexico, with a probable path towards Sinaloa, where its center could impact as a tropical storm on Monday. On its way, it’s expected to become a hurricane and will cause a probability of intense rains in Sinaloa,…
- The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta, where it currently coordinates its main operations. In addition, it has managed to expand to practically the entire national territory, through the franchise model, just as “Los Zetas” did, first-level authorities from the federal security cabinet revealed. From this tourist destination, this…
- Hurricane Orlene could be the closest hurricane to the Puerto Vallarta coast of the season Subscribers, login to your dashboard for the latest update on Tropical Storm Orlene. (last updated at 8:00 PM local time). Or Subscribe to PVDN to keep up with all the important news in Puerto Vallarta. Tropical Storm Orlene is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph (20 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue…