Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

General Motors has no plans to change Mexico production plans

General Motors CEO Mary Barra says her company has no plans to change its production plans because of criticism from President-elect Donald Trump.

Barra says at an event before the Detroit auto show Sunday that capital decisions in the auto business are made two-to-four years in advance.

Last week Trump threatened on Twitter to slap a tax on GM for importing the compact Chevrolet Cruze to the U.S. from Mexico.

GM only imports a small number of Cruze hatchbacks from Mexico and makes all Cruze sedans at a factory in Ohio.

Barra says it's too . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

Mérida’s Growth Is Testing Water, Power, and Roads

Mérida’s Growth Is Testing Water, Power, and Roads

Mérida’s growth debate is about more than housing. Water, power, roads, buses, hospitals and police...
How Cancún Sargassum Reports Can Mislead Beachgoers

How Cancún Sargassum Reports Can Mislead Beachgoers

Cancún sargassum reports show conditions can change beach by beach, so checking the semáforo before...
Why Los Cabos Traffic Keeps Getting Worse Each Year

Why Los Cabos Traffic Keeps Getting Worse Each Year

Los Cabos traffic is shaped by limited roads, tourism growth, commuter demand and the airport...
When Cartel Cases Cross the Border, Mexico’s Politics Feel the Pressure

When Cartel Cases Cross the Border, Mexico’s Politics Feel the Pressure

U.S. cartel cases are testing Mexico’s politics, banks, sovereignty claims and accountability rules beyond the...