- Hurricane Blanca is located just over 400 miles off the coast of the Mexican Riviera.
- Blanca strengthened into a hurricane Tuesday and will continue its rapid strengthening to a major hurricane (Category 3 or stronger) today.
- Blanca is nearly stationary, but will begin moving northwestward Thursday.
- Blanca may become an intense Category 4 hurricane Thursday or Friday, but is then expected to weaken quickly due to increased wind shear and movement over cooler water.
- There is increasing confidence in a track toward southern Baja California. However, the . . .
This independent news site is supported by subscribers.Login now, or subscribe today. As a premium subscriber to our independent news site, for as low as .10 cents per day, you'll unlock full news coverage of the events that shape our city, exclusive interviews with local influencers, and in-depth reports that get to the heart of Puerto Vallarta's unique challenges and triumphs, while also learning more about news throughout Mexico that makes a difference. Help us sustain the future of independent journalism in Puerto Vallarta. It's a small market so advertising doesn't make a dent in the costs, but you can help! Subscribe today and become an essential part of the conversation.