Puerto Vallarta News
Puerto Vallarta News

The most local news coverage in Puerto Vallarta

Mexico’s Pemex pays $295 million to settle Siemens dispute

Mexican state oil company Pemex PEMX.UL reached a $295 million settlement with a group including German industrial conglomerate Siemens (SIEGn.DE) in a longstanding dispute over a refinery project, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.

The deal was originally announced in March but did not give details of the final settlement.

A Mexican official close to the negotiations said that Pemex had agreed to settle for $295 million. Earlier in the day, Pemex said in a statement that the deal struck definitively ends the 14-year-long dispute, but it did not give a sum.

The official said Siemens originally sued for $690 million.

A Pemex spokesman declined to name the amount.

A Siemens spokesman declined to confirm the value of the settlement, which he described as a private matter.

The dispute involved Conproca, a Mexican joint venture between Siemens and South Korea’s SK Engineering & Construction Co Ltd, which was created to bid for the reconfiguration of its Cadereyta refinery in the northern state of Nuevo Leon.

Pemex was at loggerheads with Siemens and SK Engineering & Construction Co Ltd – a unit of SK Holdings Co – over allegations of graft and cost overruns relating to the Cadereyta project.

The settlement will fund anti-corruption, environmental and social development projects in Mexico, the companies said.

(Reporting by David Alire Garcia; Editing by Alan Crosby)

 

Related Posts

puerto vallarta tourism

Can Puerto Vallarta’s Tourism Slump Turn This Winter?

A public forum at La Catrina Cantina will weigh business closures, weaker airport traffic and...
missing

Veteran missing from Puerto Vallarta found alive in Texas

Jalisco prosecutors say Sammy Daniel Pérez Rojas, missing from Puerto Vallarta since July 31, has...
https://www.vallartadaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/09/Puerto-Vallarta-trash-fishing

Puerto Vallarta Trash Fishing Tournament Returns October 18

Puerto Vallarta’s trash-fishing tournament returns October 18 with 40 team slots, boat crews, shore volunteers...
arrested

Twelve CJNG suspects arrested as Vallarta stays alert

Federal forces arrested 12 alleged CJNG members in Michoacán as Puerto Vallarta maintained preventive patrols...