Governor Enrique Alfaro Ramírez reported that the preliminary assessment of the damage to infrastructure left by Hurricane Nora in Puerto Vallarta amounts to $200 million pesos.
He pointed out $134 million pesos will be needed just to repair bridges and roads.
For La Ribera, $49 million pesos will be needed since it was completely destroyed and is one of the most important communication routes in the municipality, connecting Puerto Vallarta with at least 15 other communities.
In addition to this investment, the municipality estimated that they will need around $66 million pesos for works on the drinking water distribution system.
Today the Governor visited Puerto Vallarta to supervise the damage valuation work carried out by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Works and Civil Protection Jalisco.
However, it is necessary to add the investment that has to be made in the municipal market, which is not yet quantifiable because they are still reviewing the degree of impact.
Also, the compensation for 300 merchants and at least a hundred homes that registered damage have to be added.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- Investigation opened into taxi driver who intentionally hit and killed a woman in Puerto Vallarta The State Prosecutor’s Office is conducting investigations under the femicide protocol with a gender perspective, to clarify the facts which a woman lost her life due to being run over by a taxi, in what is believed to be intentional, in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, yesterday, January 29, 2023, at approximately 8:09 p.m.
- With new explosion and 249 minutes of tremors in the last 24-hours, warning about Mexico’s most dangerous volcano is issued In the last 24 hours, at least 128 exhalations, 249 minutes of tremors, a minor explosion, and a volcanotectonic earthquake have been recorded, which is why the population is urged not to approach the volcano.
- Mexico outsources justice in its most high-profile cases to the United States The Federal Prosecutor’s Office for the Eastern District of New York has become an outsourcing agency for the Mexican government, since at least in the last five years, drug traffickers and high-profile criminals, who were not prosecuted for their crimes in Mexico, have been brought to trial and sentenced in the United States. The trial…
- Puerto Vallarta will welcome 19 cruise ships during the month of February The month of February will bring 19 cruise ship arrivals to Puerto Vallarta and with them thousands of international tourists. According to the Administration of the Puerto Vallarta SA de CV Asipona Vallarta National Port System, the arrival of vessels will begin on Wednesday, February 1 with the 300-meter-long Discovery Princess that will dock at…