Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Mexico won’t accept minors awaiting US asylum claims

The head of Mexico’s immigration agency said Monday that his country won’t accept migrants younger than 18 while they await the resolution of their U.S. asylum claims

National Immigration Institute Commissioner Tonatiuh Guillen also said Mexico won’t extend the policy beyond a single border crossing, the El Chaparral crossing in Tijuana.

Mexican officials had previously said the United States expressed interest in extending the “remain in Mexico” policy to other border crossings. But Guillen said Mexico will accept only asylum seekers aged 18 to 60 at El Chaparral.

Mexico will accept migrants only from Guatemala, El . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

Adidas accused of labor abuse and cultural harm in Mexico team collection

Adidas accused of labor abuse and cultural harm in Mexico team collection

Adidas faces claims that Naupan artisans were underpaid and that Indigenous textile practices were altered...
Five Narco Labs Hit in Mexico's Western Drug Raids

Five Narco Labs Hit in Mexico’s Western Drug Raids

Federal forces disabled five drug-production sites in western Mexico, seizing meth, precursors and chemicals tied...
World Cup Screens Coming to Puerto Vallarta Malecón

World Cup Screens Coming to Puerto Vallarta Malecón

Puerto Vallarta will host World Cup match broadcasts on the Malecón, though officials still have...
Garbage collection workers halt service in Puerto Vallarta

Garbage collection workers halt service in Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta trash workers briefly halted service over labor complaints, adding pressure to the city’s...