The new sanitary provisions in the restaurant sector that were announced today is a severe blow to its economy, however, it will be a challenge that they will have to overcome, said the president of Canirac in Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Nayarit, Sergio Jaime Santos.
Today, Governor Enrique Alfaro Ramírez, announced that as measures to reduce infections and hospitalizations due to Covid 19, the Health Board agreed, among other provisions, to reduce hours and capacity in restaurants, from 75 to 50 percent the capacity and closings from 1:00 in the morning to 12:00 at night.
“Hopefully these measures that are being established do not put the restaurant sector at risk. We must abide by them to return to the rhythm of economic recovery that we have been managing,” said Jaime Santos when questioned about the Governor’s announcement today.
Despite the fact that the measure puts the economic income of the sector at risk, by reducing capacity and hours, for the restaurant leader, this is a new challenge that they will have to overcome, as long as the biosecurity measures are redoubled.
Santos said the union has been complying with health standards, however, “we must admit, socially they have been relaxing.”
Not wanting to venture to estimate of losses due to these measures, Jaime Santos acknowledged that it will be a “considerable” decrease in income, above all, that the restrictions are back in place in the middle of the holiday period, where all hopes were placed on recovering last year’s losses.
“We are definitely facing another new challenge. We have already done it and we are going to achieve it so that after this month of August we can continue with an accelerated recovery as we had already had in previous days,” he said.
While restaurants are facing restrictions, bars and clubs in Puerto Vallarta were ordered to completely close beginning August 1, 2021.
Receive the PVDN newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, Become a Sponsor here.Or if you would like to make a one-time donation to show support for independent news make a donation here.
In support of the employees of bars and clubs, the governor said that they will support the staff “so that waiters, administration and cleaning people have a guaranteed income during August.”
The governor reiterated that the priority of the health board is the return to classes, for that reason they must “stop in a forceful way the disorder that has been generated in the bars and clubs.”
“Education comes first before the party,” said the state leader when announcing the new measures.
- Jalisco New Generation Cartel hitman arrested in Puerto Vallarta Agents from the Secretary of National Defense were part of an operation in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, land of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel ( CJNG ) in which they arrested an alleged hitman from the group linked to organized crime. At approximately 4:00 in the morning, they reported that a large number of elements, vehicles,…
- Coronavirus in Mexico as of January 22, 2022 This Saturday, January 22, the Ministry of Health (SSa) announced that until the cutoff at 5:00 p.m. (Central Mexico time), 4,646,957 total accumulated cases have been confirmed in the country since the beginning of the pandemic. As for the number of deaths, to date, a total of 303,085 deaths were reported. With these numbers, in…
- Two Canadians killed in shooting at Xcaret hotel in Quintana Roo Two Canadians were killed Friday and one more wounded in a shooting at a hotel along Mexico’s Caribbean coast, state authorities said. Quintana Roo state security chief Lucio Hernández said via Twitter that authorities were searching for a Hotel Xcaret guest in the shooting. He shared a photo of a man walking with a handgun.…
- Omicron makes up 90% of all new cases in Puerto Vallarta The municipalities of Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta lead the rebound in cases of COVID-19 in Jalisco and are the ones with the highest circulation of the omicron variant; explained the researcher Víctor Manuel González Romero, detailed that the behavior of greater circulation of the virus is maintained where there is a greater concentration of people.…
- Hundreds of dead fish wash ashore in Puerto Vallarta Hundreds of fish washed ashore this Tuesday at Palmares beach, located south of the city of Puerto Vallarta, causing the astonishment of locals. According to fishermen in the area, it is not common to see this species near the beach because they are deep-sea fish, so they believe that some tide brought them to the…