Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta has record breaking tourism year in 2016

For Puerto Vallarta, 2016 was one of the best years in the tourist industry in the last 15 years, when it welcomed nearly four million international and national tourists, said the director of the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Trust (Fidetur ), Agustín Álvarez Valdivia.

As part of the award ceremony "Best of Puerto Vallarta 2016", which recognizes the most prominent journalistic publications promoting the destination, Valdivia announced last year exceeded expectations.

It shows, he said, that in 2015, hotel occupancy of 67 percent was achieved, while in 2016 it was 70 percent; "At the moment Puerto Vallarta is a destination with . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

Olas Altas Beach stands under a red flag

Puerto Vallarta issues red flags across key tourist beaches

Eight Puerto Vallarta beaches flew red or mixed flags on Feb. 20 as lifeguards warned...
Playa del Carmen home demand is turning more permanent

Playa del Carmen home demand is turning more permanent

More buyers are moving to Playa del Carmen to live year-round, nudging developers beyond vacation...
Los Cabos courts Gulf travelers with premium air plans

Los Cabos courts Gulf travelers with premium air plans

Los Cabos is targeting higher-spend visitors and keeping Emirates talks alive as it plans longer-term...
kovay

Mexico probes Kovay Gardens resort after US sanctions

Mexico’s FGR and UIF are investigating Kovay Gardens near Puerto Vallarta after U.S. sanctions tied...