A couple of grandparents and their pet were trapped in the middle of a flood in the streets of Guadalajara and a video of their rescue went viral on social networks like TikTok.
The rains last Tuesday caused flooding in several areas of Guadalajara, including the La Cruz neighborhood, in Guadalajara, Jalisco.
In a video posted on TikTok by the user @ aureliorubioar7, an older couple and their pet are seen trapped inside a red car that was stranded in the middle of a flood on Avenida Colón and Isla Pantenaria.
The video shows that apparently, people in a lower area of the flood used a chain to try to get the car out of the water, but they did not succeed.
The water level rose rapidly and the car doors were completely submerged.
In another part of the video, a man breaks a window with a sledgehammer and saves the pet, and immediately helps the woman to get out.
At the end of the video, the elderly couple and their pet are seen safe and sound.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…
- Enrique de Allende presents ‘Romanza’ Valentine’s Day concert at Hacienda Palo Maria Popular Mexican vocalist, Enrique de Allende presents Romanza, with an incredible night of romantic music on Valentine’s Day, February 14th from 7 to 11 pm at Hacienda Palo Maria, just 12 minutes south of Zona Romantica. This thrilling evening of music, food and entertainment is a superb way to celebrate your special day of love…