The Ministry of Health (SSa), through the daily report, indicated that this Monday, October 11, 141 deaths and 2,007 new cases of COVID-19 were registered in the country, these are the lowest figures since the third wave of COVID-19 began in the country.
With these figures, 3,725,242 infections and 282,227 deaths caused by SARS-CoV-2 were accumulated nationwide since the beginning of the pandemic.
According to the demographic data of the epidemic, confirmed cases show a predominance in women with 50.1 percent. Meanwhile, the overall median age is 39 years.
The agency also noted that the City of Mexico and the State of Mexico are the states with the highest estimated number of active cases, those being people who presented symptoms within the past 14-days. At the national level, 35,782 active cases are reported.
Since March 2020, the federal administration has registered the total number of infections by place of residence, with which Mexico City has reported 957,184; the State of Mexico 367,552; Nuevo Leon 199,938; Guanajuato 179,933; Jalisco 157,471; Tabasco 138,345; Puebla 121,740; Veracruz 120,047; Sonora 109,492 and San Luis Potosí have presented 100,829. The highest number of accumulated infections is concentrated in these 10 entities, with 66% of the total.
According to the information, the health agency asserted that, in the last week, there was a 30% decrease in the number of estimated cases, compared to the previous seven days.
While in the last 24 hours, the occupation of general beds and those with ventilators decreased one percentage point, to settle at 27 and 25 percent, respectively.
Likewise, it was reported that in the last five weeks, there was an increase in the infections of people in the age range of 18 to 29 years, placing it as the group most prone to contracting the virus, followed by the sector of 30 to 39 years and those from 40 to 49 years old.
On the other hand, the distribution of deaths by COVID-19 by gender and age had a prevalence of 62% in men. The average age of deaths from coronavirus is 64 years.
Mexico City leads with 51,476 deaths, followed by the State of Mexico (32,004), Jalisco (16,334), Puebla (14,826), Veracruz (13,754), Nuevo León (12,775), Guanajuato (12,188), Baja California (9,388), Sinaloa (8,588) and Chihuahua (7,986). The set of entities mentioned represent 64.4% of deaths in the country.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Texas man dies at Blue Chairs Hotel in Puerto Vallarta Another unfortunate death was recorded in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta, where a 71-year-old man from Texas was found dead inside his hotel room at the Blue Chairs Hotel on Los Muertos Beach. It was announced that the man apparently died of natural causes, however, as there was no direct relative who could officially…
- Allegations that Amber Heard blackmailed Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp are creepy, even for her If the latest reports that Amber Heard had a strategic plan to blackmail Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp the judgment against her, it’s the creepiest thing that we have seen from the actress during her very public spiral. And maybe the creepiest thing from Elon Musk, which says a lot. After starring in and…
- Mexico governmental agency investigates Sonora Grill for accusations of separating diners by skin color The luxury restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group is in the eye of the hurricane due to accusations that point to alleged acts of discrimination and racism against its diners. The accusations started at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk street in the Polanco neighborhood -one of the most exclusive in the capital-, where they…
- Puerto Vallarta doesn’t have a crocodile problem, it has a people problem Crocodiles are species that have lived in Puerto Vallarta for thousands of years, they were living in the area before people were here and were present before the area was developed as a tourist destination, crocodile, specialist and handler Armando Rubio Delgado and Jaime Torres Guerrero, director of the El Saldo estuary, agree. The immediacy…
- Woman’s body found in a suitcase in Puerto Vallarta On Saturday night, authorities located the body of a person inside a suitcase on Antonio J. Hernández street and Prolongación Zacatecas street in the Primero de Mayo neighborhood in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. The report was made to the 911 emergency service where a suspicious package was mentioned on Antonio J. Hernández street at…