This Monday state authorities in Jalisco confirmed the arrest of an important commander of organized crime after an operation mounted by federal forces in the municipality of Tequila, in Jalisco. This was confirmed by the governor of Jalisco, although he said that it will be the military authorities who would provide more details on the operation.
The General Strategic Security Coordinator, Ricardo Sánchez Beruben, confirmed that Jalisco was informed that a strong operation was being carried out by the Attorney General’s Office in the Valles de Jalisco Region.
“In this way, we activate our preventive protocol to avoid any repercussions in the city,” he added. However, the coordinator also avoided mentioning any names.
Unofficially it was learned that the arrested person was “F25”, known as a commander in the operations in Zacatecas for the New Generation Cartel (CJNG), led by Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, alias “El Mencho”.
It is believed that F25 was meeting with other leaders of the cartel when the arrest occurred, which would have been carried out without any violence. “El F25”, whose name has not been disclosed, was in charge of extorting and attacking the police in Zacatecas, a state that has fallen into violence over the past several years as cartel groups battle for control of important trafficking routes and influence.
Subscribe here for as low as .08 cents per day to access more content, and browse the site with fewer ads, all while supporting independent local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Federal Government stops construction on eight more real estate developments in Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection (Profepa) has closed eight more construction projects in Puerto Vallarta for not submitting environmental impact authorization from the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Semarnat).
- Life in Puerto Vallarta – History, Culture, Food, Beaches, and more Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful coastal city in Mexico that has become a popular tourist destination over the years. With its warm weather, beautiful beaches, and lively culture, Puerto Vallarta offers a unique experience for both locals and visitors alike. In this essay, we will explore what life in Puerto Vallarta…
- Puerto Vallarta considered a main trafficking route for fentanyl Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the Secretary of National Defense (Sedena), the entry route for fentanyl and chemical precursors for its production, as the president said today, is the Pacific and, fundamentally, ports like Lázaro Cárdenas, in Michoacán, and Puerto Vallarta, in Jalisco.
- At least four police officers under investigation in Puerto Vallarta for extortion of tourists and abuse of power Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – At least four police officers are being investigated for police abuse in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, while more elements are being investigated by the judicial authority. According to Commissioner Rigoberto Flores Parra, the four police officers investigated by the corporation are for extortion, excessive use of force, and abuse of authority, including…
- Extortion, Rape, and Assualt are on the rise in Puerto Vallarta according to the ‘Criminal Traffic Light’ Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – According to the latest ‘Criminal Traffic Light’, a system used to track crime in Jalsico, Puerto Vallarta is failing in five areas of crime with growth in extortion, rape, assault, vehicle theft, and business robberies. In the latest update evaluating crime in February, Puerto Vallarta received five red marks, two yellow…