Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Four dead in second deadly shooting in Quintana Roo this week

Gunmen attacked the state prosecutors' office in the resort city of Cancun Tuesday, and authorities said four people were killed, ratcheting up tensions just a day after a shooting at a music festival in a nearby town left three foreigners and two Mexicans dead.

It was too early to say if the attacks were linked, but they were a marked intrusion of bloodshed into Mexico's main tourism zone, a region that had previously been spared much of the violence plaguing other parts of the country.

The governor of Quintana Roo state, Carlos Joaquin, said three attackers and one police . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

Three Women Found Dead in Puerto Vallarta Since May 10

Three Women Found Dead in Puerto Vallarta Since May 10

A woman was found dead near Mojoneras, marking the third female body reported in Puerto...
CUCosta Adds Security After Campus Shooting Threats

CUCosta Adds Security After Campus Shooting Threats

CUCosta reinforced surveillance after threatening messages named May 21, while academic and administrative work continued...
Pressure continues to shut down Punta de Mita development

Why Nayarit Is Pursuing the Punta de Mita Protesters

Four Punta de Mita protesters face arrest warrants after opposing work tied to a luxury...
Puerto Vallarta Morning Briefing March 6 Daily Update

Puerto Vallarta Sets 108th Anniversary Weekend Plans

Puerto Vallarta’s 108th anniversary program runs May 29–31 with civic acts, performances, fireworks and public...