The Undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell, announced that the coronavirus epidemic in Mexico has already been down for 10 weeks. During the morning press conference, the official reported that from week 39 to 40, the estimated case curve was reduced by 30% at the beginning of the week.
“As we have been reporting, we are fortunate that for 10 consecutive weeks, the third wave of the epidemic has been reducing, reducing, reducing its intensity in all indicators.”
In addition, the Undersecretary detailed that only 1% of coronavirus infections (38,135) are active, which represents people who presented symptoms of the disease in the last 14 days.
Regarding hospitalizations from SARS-CoV-2 infection, López-Gatell stressed that the units continue to see a decline as there are fewer patients to attend to than those who are discharged.
“78% is the general reduction if we consider the highest point of the epidemic in Mexico, which was the crest of the second wave during the first week of this year,” said the official.
On the other hand, the undersecretary pointed out that “no indication has been observed that the opening of schools results in a rebound in the epidemic .” He specified that for the age segment of 5 to 17 years there is a trend of reduction of the coronavirus epidemic.
Practically all the cases (in minors) have been mild cases, without major consequence, since in this population the risk of severe COVID-19 is very low.
In this sense, it reported that only 0.25% of schools throughout the country have been affected by SARS-CoV-2.
According to the Ministry of Health, until this Tuesday, October 12, 282,227 confirmed deaths and 3, 725,242 accumulated cases of COVID-19 have been registered in Mexico since the beginning of the pandemic.
The entities with the highest rate of active cases per 100,000 inhabitants and therefore where there is the highest viral activity, according to the SSa are: Tabasco, Colima, Mexico City, Guanajuato, Yucatán, Querétaro, Baja California, Coahuila , Aguascalientes and Nuevo León.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Hotel Marsol in Romantic Zone loses water after 17 years of non-payment The Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewerage System (Seapal) of Puerto Vallarta continues with its campaign to invite users who maintain a debt with the agency to get current on their bills, especially to those of the industrial and commercial sector. Following up on the third notification of collection management and notice of cancellation of water…
- Breathalyzer operations resume in Puerto Vallarta The Subdirectorate of Municipal Roads of Puerto Vallarta, headed by Jorge Alberto Castillo Núñez, began to carry out the breathalyzer operations in Puerto Vallarta with the intention of reducing accidents and deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers in the city. Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez ordered the operations to administer breathalyzer tests on Friday…
- The sixth cruise ship in October arrives in Puerto Vallarta The arrival of cruise ships to Puerto Vallarta continues with the Emerald Princess, from Princess Cruise Lines, which arrived at dock number 1 of the Integral Port Administration (API). The Emerald Princess is the sixth cruise ship to dock in Puerto Vallarta this month, of the 14 expected in October, leaving a positive impact on…
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief with Felipe Álvarez; October 19, 2021 Nightly breathalyzer tests have returned to Puerto Vallarta at random locations during the week, and every weekend at Francisco Villa Avenue and Los Tules Avenue, in Fluvial Vallarta.
- Sunwing will reactivate its routes to Puerto Vallarta with 288 flights from Canada Sunwing Airlines announced the reactivation of its routes from 10 Canadian cities to Puerto Vallarta for the winter season. This represents the return of more than 54,000 Canadian tourists to the Mexican beach, reported the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Promotion Trust. The routes will begin operating during the winter period, anticipating 288 flights from Edmonton, Ottawa,…