Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Owner of Raided Mexico Shelter Freed, No Charges

The owner of a group home raided last week amid charges of abuse and other mistreatment of children living there has been released from custody without charge, an official in the federal Attorney General's Office said Sunday.

The official said there was not enough evidence to warrant charges and added that the 79-year-old owner, Rosa Verduzco, is too old to be put in jail.

But the official also said the investigation was continuing. The official agreed to reveal the information only if not quoted by name because he wasn't authorized to speak with journalists about the . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

CNTE strike returns to Mexico City with fresh pressure

Mexico Teacher Tensions Could Snarl World Cup Travel

Mexico’s World Cup preparations now include a labor dispute that could affect more than schools....
Vallarta Pride Crowds Build Before Thursday Parade

Vallarta Pride Crowds Build Before Thursday Parade

Vallarta Pride week is bringing larger crowds into Puerto Vallarta, with the busiest stretch still...
Woman Found Dead Near Mismaloya on Highway 200 South

Two Unidentified Women Remain in Puerto Vallarta Cases

Two women found dead in separate Puerto Vallarta cases remain unidentified, according to the latest...
Mexico Peace Index Rises While Violence Risks Remain

Mexico Peace Index Rises While Violence Risks Remain

Mexico’s 2026 Peace Index improved 5.1%, but the report warns that family violence, regional gaps,...