This video is exclusive content for PVDN Supporters. If you wish to gain access to PVDN exclusive content, join today! More details here (If you are currently a PVDN Supporter, you will receive the full video at 8 AM on October 9, 2021, in your exclusive PVDN Newsletter.)
Crocodile attacks tourist in Nuevo Vallarta
Another crocodile attack in Bahía de Banderas this week. A 24-year old tourist from Texas was attacked on the beaches of Nuevo Vallarta near Flamingos Club. The man was treated and released from a local hospital. During the rainy season in Puerto Vallarta, the threat of crocodiles increase due to overflowing rivers that allow the animals to leave their habitat.
Sex workers being moved out of 5 de Diciembre
After years of complaints from residents in the 5 de Diciembre over the increase of sex workers in the neighborhood, the city took action to relocate the workers from Honduras and Guatemala streets. The city said that they will assist sex workers in finding other work alternatives and the recent action was taken to improve the safety and image of the tourist area.
US Sanctions individual in Puerto Vallarta with connections to cartel
Fernando Zagal Anton, of Puerto Vallarta, was sanctioned this week by the US Government for his role in the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion. Anton helps coordinate drug trafficking operations and maintains contact with cocaine suppliers in Colombia. The group has a strong presence in Puerto Vallarta and has helped in the assassinations of politicians in Puerto Vallarta.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Hotel Marsol in Romantic Zone loses water after 17 years of non-payment The Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewerage System (Seapal) of Puerto Vallarta continues with its campaign to invite users who maintain a debt with the agency to get current on their bills, especially to those of the industrial and commercial sector. Following up on the third notification of collection management and notice of cancellation of water…
- Breathalyzer operations resume in Puerto Vallarta The Subdirectorate of Municipal Roads of Puerto Vallarta, headed by Jorge Alberto Castillo Núñez, began to carry out the breathalyzer operations in Puerto Vallarta with the intention of reducing accidents and deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers in the city. Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez ordered the operations to administer breathalyzer tests on Friday…
- The sixth cruise ship in October arrives in Puerto Vallarta The arrival of cruise ships to Puerto Vallarta continues with the Emerald Princess, from Princess Cruise Lines, which arrived at dock number 1 of the Integral Port Administration (API). The Emerald Princess is the sixth cruise ship to dock in Puerto Vallarta this month, of the 14 expected in October, leaving a positive impact on…
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief with Felipe Álvarez; October 19, 2021 Nightly breathalyzer tests have returned to Puerto Vallarta at random locations during the week, and every weekend at Francisco Villa Avenue and Los Tules Avenue, in Fluvial Vallarta.
- Mexico records the lowest daily death total from COVID-19 since July On Sunday afternoon, October 17, the Ministry of Health (SSa) released the Daily Technical Report of COVID-19 in Mexico, in which the new figures on the advance of the coronavirus disease in Mexico were announced. According to the federal agency, since the pandemic began, 3,757,056 accumulated cases of the new coronavirus have been reported, while…