● Rick could make landfall in the state of Michoacán, however, it is expected that during the early hours of Monday, the storm will be moving through the southern and southeastern areas of Jalisco
● Authorities from the three levels of government will continue to monitor the trajectory and evolution in order to maintain coordinated actions in favor of the Jalisco population
This Saturday, the State Emergency Committee, headed by the Secretary-General of the Government Enrique Ibarra Pedroza and the Director of the State Unit for Civil Protection and Firefighters of the State of Jalisco, Víctor Hugo Roldan, met to carry out inter-institutional coordination in the face of Hurricane Rick through the state of Jalisco.
The National Water Commission (CONAGUA) and the Headquarters of Monitoring and Alerting of Disruptive Phenomena of the State Unit of Civil Protection and State Firefighters, announced that Hurricane Rick, at 1:00 p.m. Central Mexico time, was located 295 km southwest of Acapulco, Gro., and 335 km south-southeast of Lázaro Cárdenas, Mich. It presents maximum sustained winds of 135 km / h, gusts of 160 km / h and displacement towards the north-northwest.
According to the forecasts by UEPCBJ and CONAGUA, Rick is expected to enter the state of Michoacán this Monday morning, causing it to begin to gradually weaken, however, for Jalisco it will bring occasional rains for the southern areas and southeast, in addition to a possible increase in the waves for the South Coast.
Jalisco authorities of the three levels of government will maintain immediate actions in the face of the storm, such as: Prevention and monitoring tours and verification of shelters, especially over 49 municipalities that comprise the southern and southeastern areas of the state, where it is expected that the rains can be strong to intense.
READ MORE: HURRICANE RICK FORMS OFF THE COAST OF MEXICO
On the part of the State Civil Protection Unit, permanent monitoring of the storm evolution will be maintained, until the cessation of its interaction in the territory of the state, and in addition, there will be a deployment of personnel to carry out a monitoring operation of channels and vulnerable areas in the municipalities of the south, southeast, south coast as well as the central zone of Jalisco.
The State Government urges the population to stay informed through official channels, in addition, for the coastal population, it is asked to be aware of the continuous messages that are transmitted through the 27 horns of the tsunami warning system and cyclones, not to cross rivers or streams as well as stay informed through official channels.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta public transportation opens overnight bus services With the aim of serving employees in the service industry, as well as being part of the We Move Safely strategy, which includes women who work at night, as of Monday night, November 28, the special Night Owl bus service returned with two routes in Puerto Vallarta. The routes will be circulating with a schedule…
- One of the three bloodiest cells of the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel operates in Puerto Vallarta The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) is one of the most dangerous criminal organizations in Mexico and the world, as it has come to establish operations centers in other countries such as Ecuador, where it has left a trail of violence in its struggle to obtain control of the region. To wage its bloody wars…
- US tourist found dead in Puerto Peñasco after disappearing while kayaking Civil Protection authorities of the state of Sonora located one of the bodies of two tourists who were reported missing at sea in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, in recent days. After a three-day land and sea operation, state authorities confirmed the death of a woman who meets the characteristics of a foreign tourist, who had been…
- Terror shook Nuevo Laredo after the arrest of a drug cartel leader The United States Consulate in Nuevo Laredo issued an alert for the shootings and reported that the appointments that were scheduled for this Monday, November 28, were rescheduled. “There is an emergency situation after an arrest operation,” they reported through social networks.
- Puerto Vallarta seeks to become a sustainable city, but could be derailed by area’s rapid growth “In Puerto Vallarta, we are not only concerned, but busy with having a sustainable city, and for this reason, we are urging everyone to participate in the planning program for the metropolitan area of the Bahía de Banderas”. This was stated by Adriana Guzmán Jiménez, director of Urban Development and Environment, when participating in the…