Beer has a bad reputation for causing “chelera belly” and other discomforts. The truth is that moderate consumption offers various benefits to the body. And, due to its flavor and easy access, it is one of the world’s favorite drinks. But, as in everything, there are brands that are more valued than others and, in that sense, Mexico is the country that takes first place.
Before going to the brands, let’s discuss some of the benefits of beer. For example, according to the Beer Information Center (CICS), this drink offers numerous nutrients such as B vitamins, fiber, and minerals.
Thanks to its composition, studies presented at the V International Beer Symposium ensure that this drink can prevent the development of Alzheimer’s thanks to its high silicon content. In addition, the polyphenols it contains could modify the composition of the intestinal bacteria or microbiota, favoring the growth of some good bacteria and preventing the proliferation of other harmful ones.
On the other hand, an article published in the Journal of Osteoporosis and Mineral Metabolism, assured that the silicon in beer has a positive effect on the bones. And not only that, an investigation carried out by the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) in Spain, concluded that moderate consumption of beer improves the immune system, especially in women.
As if that were not enough, this drink could have a preventive effect on type 2 diabetes thanks to its contribution of magnesium, fiber, polyphenolics, and B-complex vitamins that, together, have a protective effect on insulin-producing cells.
Finally, an investigation published in the virtual library Scielo Spain, concluded that beer does not make you fat. The study analyzed the moderate consumption of beer for a month in healthy people and showed that it did not change their weight and body mass index, nor did it generate “chelera belly”.
Now that you know all the benefits of beer, when consumed responsibly, we are going to tell you which are the most valuable brands in the world.
When it comes to beer, the world is clear, Mexico has the most valuable brand. At least that’s what the annual report on the strongest and most valuable beer brands from consulting firm Brand Finance indicates.
Based on their analysis, Corona is the world’s most valuable beer brand, valued at $7 billion. This brand of Mexican origin registered a 21% increase in its value despite the fact that during the health contingency, in addition to the closure of many bars and restaurants, it faced some challenges, particularly in the United States.
Heineken ranked second in the ranking, and the study highlights that it achieved growth in brand value of 23% this year so it is now valued at $6.9 billion dollars.
Other brands that stood out in this year’s study included Brahma, from Brazil, as the strongest in the ranking with a Brand Strength Index (BSI) score of 93 out of 100.
In turn, the Desperados brand from France rose 57%, making it considered the fastest growing beer on the market.
It should be noted that Brand Finance results are based on metrics that assess marketing spending, stakeholder fairness, and business performance.
Finally, the consultancy pointed out that in the course of the pandemic, alcoholic beverage brands have faced difficult conditions, including fluctuating demand due to lockdowns, but with the reopening of the economy, great growth is being driven in the sector.
Below we leave you the ranking of the 50 most valuable beer brands in the world, 5 of them are Mexican.
Budweiser United States
Bud Light United States
Modelo Especial Mexico
Miller Lite United States
Coors Light United States
BrewDog United Kingdom
Michelob United States
Stella Artois Belgium
Busch United States
Truly Hard Seltzer United States
Natural United States
Estrella Damm Spain
Cass South Korea
Twisted Tea United States
Dos Equis XX Mexico
333′ export Thailand
Velkopopovicky Kozel Czech Republic
Samuel Adams United States
Carling United States
Castle South Africa
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- What will the megastorm that threatens California be like, according to science California, located on the west coast of the United States, has been prone to earthquakes, droughts, and abundant wildfires every year for generations. But several scientists have warned in recent days that a big storm is coming that could unleash a devastating flood, as happened in 1862. 160 years ago, 30 consecutive days of rain…
- Mexico moves a step closer to militarization with more than 2,000 new National Guards hitting the streets The shootings and arsons set by drug cartels in four states over the course of several days last week have left Mexicans wondering why they did it and what the criminal gangs want. While the federal government, in an attempt to calm the collective panic, has reinforced the military and National Guard presence in the…
- Playa de Oro joins the list of Puerto Vallarta beaches with Blue Flag certification As of today, Playa de Oro joins the list of Puerto Vallarta beaches that have received the Blue Flag Certificate. The Crown Paradise hotel was the venue to receive the award, where municipal authorities and private initiatives were pleased to receive the distinction. At the event, Joaquin Díaz Ríos, executive director of the Foundation For…
- Another day, another crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta swimming near popular beach Personnel from the Civil Protection and Fire Department of Puerto Vallarta (PCyBPV) managed to capture a crocodile approximately 2.5 meters long that had been swimming in the area since last August 14. According to the PCyBPV report, at 5:30 p.m. this Wednesday, a specimen of approximately 2.5 meters long was captured at the height of…
- United States and Canada issued travel alerts to 16 Mexican states The United States and Canada issued travel alerts to 16 Mexican states after organized crime groups have attacked civilians and burned vehicles in various cities in recent days. The United States government recommended its citizens not to travel to five states in the country, while for another 11 entities it advised them to reconsider travel…