Puerto Vallarta police and state prosecutors are looking into the death of a 20-year-old man who died at the Regional Hospital after he was admitted with severe injuries.
The victim was identified in early local accounts as José Ignacio. He was taken to the hospital on June 6 after his partner found him badly hurt inside their home and called for help.
No arrest had been announced by Wednesday morning. Officials had also not named a suspect, motive, or clear line in the case.
Young man found badly hurt at home
The case began as a medical emergency. It became a criminal case after the young man died from his injuries.
Paramedics took him to the Regional Hospital because of the severity of the blows to his body. His partner told authorities she had gone out and returned to find him on the floor of the home with visible injuries. One account said he was found in the living room and had injuries on his hands.
When asked what had happened, José Ignacio did not identify who attacked him, according to the early accounts. He only asked to be taken to the hospital.
Police and Fiscalía agents respond at Regional Hospital
After doctors confirmed the death, hospital staff called the authorities. Municipal police, investigative police, and forensic personnel went to the Regional Hospital to begin the formal work on the case file.
The case is now in the hands of the Fiscalía del Estado. As of the latest public information, the agency had not announced any detention tied to the attack.
The death adds another serious case to Puerto Vallarta crime coverage at a time when local safety reports have become harder to brush off as isolated noise. For now, the public record is still thin. The known sequence is that a young man was found injured at home, taken by ambulance, hospitalized, and later died.
Authorities have not said whether the attack happened inside the home or somewhere else before he was found. They also have not said whether they are treating the case as a domestic incident, a fight, or another kind of assault.





