Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

zika sex

WHO advises eight weeks of safe sex after return from Zika areas

People returning from areas where the Zika virus is found should follow safe sex practices or abstain from sex for at least eight weeks rather than just four, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday.

The recommendation, which doubles the abstinence period the WHO had previously advised, comes after scientists found the virus lingers longer than previously thought in blood or other body fluids, spokesman Christian Lindmeier told a news briefing.

If the male partner in a couple planning pregnancy has symptoms of the Zika virus, the period of safe abstinence should be six months, he added.

"People should . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

Malecón sales slump

Puerto Vallarta Shops Face 30% Sales Drop As Tourism Struggles

Canaco-Servytur says Puerto Vallarta businesses saw sales fall about 30% after February 22 security incidents...
Profepa Closes Work Sites to Protect Vallarta Turtle

Profepa Closes Work Sites to Protect Vallarta Turtle

Profepa ordered temporary closures on two Puerto Vallarta properties after finding work affecting a nesting...
puerto vallarta airport

Puerto Vallarta Airport Recovery Claim Meets Weak Data

Puerto Vallarta airport traffic fell sharply in April, even as officials point to new routes...
Why Mexico Rejected a Major Cruise Tourism Project in Quintana Roo

Why Mexico Rejected a Major Cruise Tourism Project in Quintana Roo

Mexico rejected Royal Caribbean’s Mahahual project after environmental review and public opposition raised questions about...