The most recent update of the National Water Commission (Conagua) warned that Hurricane Agatha “is located 130 kilometers south of Lagunas Chacahua, Oaxaca, as category 2 on the Saffir-Simpson scale.
The cyclone is moving northeast at 9 kilometers per hour, with maximum sustained winds of 175 kilometers per hour and gusts of up to 215 kilometers per hour.
The forecast is that at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 30, it will be located 45 km southwest of Puerto Ángel, Oaxaca and 60 km south-southeast of Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, where it will make landfall as a category 2 hurricane.
By the early morning of May 31, it will be on land and downgraded as a tropical storm, and by 1:00 p.m. it could degrade to a permanent low pressure still on land.
The forecasts of rains are punctual and intense in territories such as Oaxaca and Chiapas, very strong in the states of Guerrero and Tabasco, and punctual strong in Veracruz, Campeche, Yucatán, and Quintana Roo.
Through a statement, the Secretariat of Infrastructure, Communications, and Transportation (SICT) reported that they are prepared to receive category 2 hurricane Agatha that threatens to hit the Mexican coast on the afternoon of this Monday, May 30.
The institution assured in this sense that they will seek to attend in a timely manner the damage that the hurricane could cause through the country, for which they prepared a preventive deployment.
It is about making available to the people both technical personnel from the Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Tabasco, and Veracruz SCT Centers, as well as crews, machinery, and vehicles from Routine Conservation contractors.
The authorities responsible for the SICT announced the deployment of 329 engineers and technicians, 1,156 workers, in addition to 263 vehicles and 178 heavy machinery equipment.
Heavy machinery is from backhoes and motor graders and dump trucks, “which, if necessary, will be mobilized to immediately attend to the points of the road network where damages occur .”
The objective of the latter, they assured, will be to go to highway points to restore vehicular traffic immediately, in addition to providing security to road users.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Tropical Storm Celia continues to intensify: Heavy rains in Jalisco and Nayarit Tropical Storm Celia continues to intensify off the Mexican Pacific coast and is likely to become a Category 1 hurricane between Friday and Saturday. According to information from the National Meteorological Service, the cyclone is currently located 395 km south-southwest of Manzanillo, Colima, and 430 km south of Playa Pérula, in Jalisco. Maximum sustained winds…
- United States includes the Mascota-Vallarta highway on its alert list After the United States government included 30 of the 32 states of Mexico in its travel alert, the American Embassy also calls not to drive on certain highways of the country, among which is State 544, which leads from the municipality of Mascota to Puerto Vallarta. In its most recent travel alert, published on June…
- Mexico fails air safety assessment; maintains Category 2 After more than a year since the United States downgraded air safety in Mexico to Category 2, the Secretariat of Infrastructure, Communications, and Transportation ( SICT ) reported this Thursday that it will continue as category 2 for at least a few more months. Through a statement, the agency noted that from June 13 to…
- COVID-19 testing centers are removed from Puerto Vallarta airport After most countries eliminated the requirement to present a negative Covid 19 test in order to enter their territory, especially the United States, the main destination for Mexicans, this Thursday the Pacific Airport Group announced the withdrawal of the laboratories that had been enabled for almost a year and a half. From its opening until…
- The Tracy Lee Stum 3D Museum arrives in Puerto Vallarta As part of the great diversity of activities to be carried out during the summer, the Tracy Lee Stum 3D Museum arrives in Puerto Vallarta, an attraction that adds to the cultural and entertainment offered in the destination, with interactive 3D murals, ideal for taking innovative photos while tasting the most avant-garde mixology in the…