Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Puerto Vallarta and Mexico News

Mexico Gives Protection to Only Witness of Army Slaying

The woman told the AP she had been threatened by agents of the Mexico State prosecutors' office if she talked about what happened at the warehouse on June 30, and said she feared reprisals. The Associated Press has withheld the woman's name.

In October, the Inter-American Human Rights Commission formally recommended that Mexico provide protection for her and her family.

Mexico's Interior Department said Wednesday that it had met with other government agencies and the woman's representatives to decide how to provide protection. The department said in a statement that "the government recognizes the contribution of . . .

Read Full Story

Related Posts

El Cruce Draws 1,638 Swimmers to Cancun and Isla Mujeres

El Cruce Draws 1,638 Swimmers to Cancun and Isla Mujeres

El Cruce brought 1,638 swimmers from 21 countries to Cancun and Isla Mujeres, with the...
Cancun Teens Carve Their Way to State Sand Contest

Cancun Teens Carve Their Way to State Sand Contest

One Cancun teen team will represent Benito Juárez after winning the 2026 municipal sand sculpture...
Newborn Found Alive After Cancun Trash Container Rescue

Newborn Found Alive After Cancun Trash Container Rescue

A newborn was found alive in a trash container in Cancun’s Paraíso Maya area and...
CFE expands Playa del Carmen power supply capacity

CFE Plans Temporary Power Boost for Cancun Corridor

CFE plans two temporary 25 MW generators in Cancun to support the Riviera Maya grid...