The history of the Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Puerto Vallarta started at the beginning of the 20th century when the foundations were laid for the construction of the first church in the city.
In the beginning, it was a small chapel dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe, until Father Francisco Ayala arrived at the port in 1915, who suggested building a tribute to the original Basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City. The construction of the new church, to be declared a parish, began on October 12, 1921, 100 years ago.
The crown . . .