Unibus driver hits a pedestrian causing serious injuries; the driver is on the run.
On Tuesday morning, September 28, a Unibus driver on the Pitillal-La Aurora public transportation bus route ran over a 29-year-old male. The events occurred at Av. Francisco Medina Ascencio, crossing with Libramiento .
The male was hit directly against the windshield glass of the bus leaving him seriously injured on the street.
The driver of the public transport unit got out of the vehicle and fled on foot, leaving the bus, passengers, and money in the street, after seeing the severity of the pedestrian’s injuries.
Elements of the Municipal Police (PV-321), Municipal Transit on PV-273 as well as Civil Protection Paramedics and Firefighters arrived at the site who provided first aid to the pedestrian.
The male named Freddy Alberto García was rushed to a hospital in ambulance B-0671 .
Elements of the Municipal Police mounted an operation to find the whereabouts of the driver, however, so far no such arrest has been made.
Trending news on PVDN
- Crime in Puerto Vallarta increases 52% compared to last year Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Despite being considered one of the safest destinations in the country, Puerto Vallarta has seen a surge in crime in the first few months of this year.
- Protest in Puerto Vallarta block main highway and cause airport delays while tourists are forced to walk to airport Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – With protestors blocking Puerto Vallarta’s main road, tourists were forced to run down the streets with luggage trying to catch their departing flights.
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief for March 31, 2023 https://youtu.be/IYKRsZ5gVAo A man has been arrested in Puerto Vallarta after shooting a neighbor in the head on March 13. The two men started arguing in a store about a party that the gunman was hosting in the neighborhood. The gunman left the store and returned with a handgun and shot the victim. The gunman is…
- Condominium development in Puerto Vallarta is destabilizing the hydrological cycle Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – At a recent conference on “Risks in Water Management and its Influence on the Real Estate sector of the Interstate Metropolitan Area of Puerto Vallarta and Bahía de Banderas,” Dr. Bartolo Cruz Romero, a research professor at the Centro Universitario de la Costa of the University of Guadalajara, emphasized the importance…
- What is considered lower, middle, and upper class in Mexico? Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The issue of what social class one belongs to in Mexico is often a matter of debate among those who discuss it, since there are no established parameters that define the social class in Mexico. Although the National Institute of Statistics and Geography ( INEGI) identified some socioeconomic characteristics of each…