Unibus driver hits a pedestrian causing serious injuries; the driver is on the run.
On Tuesday morning, September 28, a Unibus driver on the Pitillal-La Aurora public transportation bus route ran over a 29-year-old male. The events occurred at Av. Francisco Medina Ascencio, crossing with Libramiento .
The male was hit directly against the windshield glass of the bus leaving him seriously injured on the street.
The driver of the public transport unit got out of the vehicle and fled on foot, leaving the bus, passengers, and money in the street, after seeing the severity of the pedestrian’s injuries.
Elements of the Municipal Police (PV-321), Municipal Transit on PV-273 as well as Civil Protection Paramedics and Firefighters arrived at the site who provided first aid to the pedestrian.
The male named Freddy Alberto García was rushed to a hospital in ambulance B-0671 .
Elements of the Municipal Police mounted an operation to find the whereabouts of the driver, however, so far no such arrest has been made.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Hotel Marsol in Romantic Zone loses water after 17 years of non-payment The Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewerage System (Seapal) of Puerto Vallarta continues with its campaign to invite users who maintain a debt with the agency to get current on their bills, especially to those of the industrial and commercial sector. Following up on the third notification of collection management and notice of cancellation of water…
- Breathalyzer operations resume in Puerto Vallarta The Subdirectorate of Municipal Roads of Puerto Vallarta, headed by Jorge Alberto Castillo Núñez, began to carry out the breathalyzer operations in Puerto Vallarta with the intention of reducing accidents and deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers in the city. Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez ordered the operations to administer breathalyzer tests on Friday…
- The sixth cruise ship in October arrives in Puerto Vallarta The arrival of cruise ships to Puerto Vallarta continues with the Emerald Princess, from Princess Cruise Lines, which arrived at dock number 1 of the Integral Port Administration (API). The Emerald Princess is the sixth cruise ship to dock in Puerto Vallarta this month, of the 14 expected in October, leaving a positive impact on…
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief with Felipe Álvarez; October 19, 2021 Nightly breathalyzer tests have returned to Puerto Vallarta at random locations during the week, and every weekend at Francisco Villa Avenue and Los Tules Avenue, in Fluvial Vallarta.
- Mexico records the lowest daily death total from COVID-19 since July On Sunday afternoon, October 17, the Ministry of Health (SSa) released the Daily Technical Report of COVID-19 in Mexico, in which the new figures on the advance of the coronavirus disease in Mexico were announced. According to the federal agency, since the pandemic began, 3,757,056 accumulated cases of the new coronavirus have been reported, while…