The Ministry of Health of the State of Jalisco (SSJ), awarded Puerto Vallarta the certification as a Health Promoting Municipality, for implementing different actions to improve the health conditions of the people in Vallarta, as well as promoting healthy lifestyles, disease prevention, and actions to have a physical and psychosocial environment that contributes to individual and family well-being.
“Since the beginning of this government administration, we have worked intersectionally in the Puerto Vallarta municipality and Sanitary Region VIII, through various actions and health fairs, with the purpose of advising and working in a coordinated manner to align health activities”, said Jaime Álvarez Zayas, director of Sanitary Region VIII during the certification ceremony.
“Once Puerto Vallarta complied with the requirements of these processes, we can today, Friday, September 24, receive from our state authorities; Certification to the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, as a Health Promoting Municipality ”, stated the director.
A Health Promoter municipality is one that, once a social pact has been achieved between the representative organizations of civil society, the institutions of the different sectors, and the local political authorities, commits and executes health actions with a view to improving the quality of life of the population.
Some of the actions undertaken include the installation of the Municipal Health Committee; update the Situational Health Diagnosis of the Municipality of Puerto Vallarta; training and updating of public servants on health issues; creation of the Municipal Work Program for the Promotion of Health of the Municipality of Puerto Vallarta.
Likewise, health promotion projects were developed such as prevention of cervical cancer and breast cancer, obesity care, suicide prevention, Vallarta Without Dengue initiative, and prevention of heart disease.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- Investigation opened into taxi driver who intentionally hit and killed a woman in Puerto Vallarta The State Prosecutor’s Office is conducting investigations under the femicide protocol with a gender perspective, to clarify the facts which a woman lost her life due to being run over by a taxi, in what is believed to be intentional, in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, yesterday, January 29, 2023, at approximately 8:09 p.m.
- Canadian woman hospitalized after being critically injured by rogue wave during her Puerto Vallarta honeymoon vacation A Canadian woman remains on a ventilator in a hospital after she was struck by a rogue wave while on her honeymoon in Mexico. Cory Moe, who is a long-term care nurse back in Carnduff, Saskatchewan, was in Puerto Vallarta with her husband Dalton for a delayed honeymoon and the pair were enjoying the water.…
- Mexico outsources justice in its most high-profile cases to the United States The Federal Prosecutor’s Office for the Eastern District of New York has become an outsourcing agency for the Mexican government, since at least in the last five years, drug traffickers and high-profile criminals, who were not prosecuted for their crimes in Mexico, have been brought to trial and sentenced in the United States. The trial…
- With new explosion and 249 minutes of tremors in the last 24-hours, warning about Mexico’s most dangerous volcano is issued In the last 24 hours, at least 128 exhalations, 249 minutes of tremors, a minor explosion, and a volcanotectonic earthquake have been recorded, which is why the population is urged not to approach the volcano.