“Audiences regularly rave about Spencer’s performances at The Palm. His great stories and velvet voice appealed to everyone and we’re thrilled he’s back to open our 15th season!” says Tracy Parks, entertainment director.
Also, in the works for many months and opening Nov. 19th at 7pm is ‘Greater Tuna’ a comedy about the third-smallest town in Texas (Tuna) where ‘The Lions Club is too liberal and Patsy Cline never dies’. One of the most popular plays ever produced, it ran for 30 years (all over the world but mostly in Texas) including a stint on Broadway and two command performances at The White House before the original creators, Joe Sears, Jaston Williams and Ed Howard retired. Picking up the roles in Vallarta’s production will be The Palm’s own entertainment director, Tracy Parks and Chaz Weathers, a San Diego based entertainer known for his sharp comedic timing and spot on character portrayals. The two actors play a total of 20 characters, men, women and animals, with forty-two costume changes. Tickets for this show have already starting selling swiftly. Opening night is November 19th at 7pm.
Rounding out opening week will be another Vallarta debut from Alec Mapa, affectionately known as every one’s favorite ‘gaysian’ from ABC’s ‘Ugly Betty’ and ‘Desperate Housewives’. Alec will perform his popular one man show, ‘Baby Daddy’ where he tells of his hilarious journey with his partner to adopt a son. ‘Baby Daddy’ will open Nov. 21 @ 9:30pm and run through Dec. 6th.
You’ll also want to catch Sol Rose, who opens his series of shows Nov. 29 with ‘Solesque’, a salute to vintage Hollywood and Vegas music. He’ll also do a second show later in the season called ‘The Dirty Show’ with special guest star Beverly Fairfax, The Palm’s own publicity director.
Opening December 7th is the Vallarta revival of ‘Always…Patsy Cline’ starring Mikki Prost as Patsy Cline (who starred in the original Santa Barbara Theatre production which sold out 27 consecutive shows) and the hilarious Polly Stevens Cooper as her fan and friend Louise. Directed by Tracy Parks, this show is sure to touch your heart and get your feet stompin!
This holiday season, The Kinsey Sicks, star in their holiday hit, “OY VEY IN A MANGER!”, in which they turn their considerable talents to the global effort to stamp out holiday cheer. In this show, we find the girls trying to sell off their manger – yes, that manger – before it’s foreclosed upon. “Oy Vey” boasts reinterpretations of holiday classics such as “God Bless Ye Femmy Lesbians,” “Satan Baby”, and “I’m Dreaming of a Betty White Christmas”.
In late December, the Palm welcomes back funny man Emmy award winner Leslie Jordan (Will and Grace, The Help, American Horror Story) for his third season and comedienne Shawn Pelofsky, who had audiences in stitches last season. Steven Brinberg’s ‘Simply Barbra and Friends’ will also return to late January. Steven is well known for his famous Barbra Streisand LIVE impression show and this year, he’s brought her friends along for a never before seen show with multiple characters joining Barbra!
2015 will also see the return of last year’s most popular show at The Palm, ‘Well Strung’ the all-male, singing, string-quartet that sold out each of 12 performances last season.
Amy and Freddy, the longest running show at The Palm, who open January 9th and run through mid March, will also be the hosts of our anniversary celebration in March! Amy and Freddy, together over 18 years, bring us the finest in musical comedy and win over our hearts each season and “have been a huge part of The Palm’s success over the years. We absolutely love them and so do their audiences from all over the world,” commented Angel Valle, the Palm’s sales coordinator.
‘An Evening at the Birdcage’ starring Joe Posa and Scott Townsend (aka Thirsty Burlington) had audiences on their feet last season and recently sold-out their summer season in Provincetown, Ma where they headline each winter. Their uncanny portrayals of legends Joan Rivers, Cher, Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland and others includes live vocals and leaves audiences gasping for more. “This show is so much fun! These are two of the nicest guys in the business and the most talented drag duo I’ve ever seen!” adds Tracy Parks.
Often described as Drag Royalty, the popular monologist and singer, Coco Peru, is returning starting Feb. 1st thru Feb. 13 with an all new show. Coco has been touring to sold-out crowds all summer long and is “One of the last great storytellers!” as comedienne Lily Tomlin describes her.
Making her debut in February is the hilarious bow-saw-playing, live-singing, drag legend ‘Miss Richfield 1981’ from Richfield, Minnesota. Her shows have sold out in Provincetown for more than a decade with her wry humor and audience interaction that keeps everyone rolling. Her shows play from Feb. 11 thru 25th.
Bohemia Viva, the Argentinian couple who became the sweethearts of The Palm last season with their soulful, harmonious blends (including ‘Don’t Cry for me Argentina’ which had audience members in tears each night) return in mid January with an all new show. Andrea and Luis spent the summer touring Italy and were a huge hit there too! ‘We’re thrilled they are back! Everyone fell in love with these two brilliant artists last season,” stated Gustavo Gomez, co-owner of The Palm.
In March, The Palm will welcome back four very Desperate Princesses, the english version of their crowd pleaser, Princessas Deseperadas, which tells the hilarious story of four Disney Princesses who meet ‘20 years later’ in Vallarta. The spanish version sold out each performance they presented last season.
The Palm is launching a new matinee series this season at 4pm. Shows include Paco Ojeda’s Birthday Tributes to legends such as Juan Gabriel and Bette Midler, among many others. Mikki Prost brings her ‘Shades of the Blues’ show to The Palm starting in December and many of our nightly shows will also feature new matinees. The response has been strong for the matinee offerings.
The Palm is well-known for bringing top notch, cutting-edge entertainment to Vallarta. Inside you’ll find an intimate, completely refurbished 90-seat cabaret style theatre with outstanding sound and lighting, creating the ambiance of cabarets from days gone by. Shows are scheduled seven nights per week with two (and sometimes three with their new 4pm matinees) different shows daily through mid April 2015. A full calendar of performances is available online at www.thepalmpv.com. The Palm is non-smoking (a patio is provided for smokers) and is located at Olas Altas #508. You can also find the Palm on Facebook at The Palm Cabaret and Bar.
For more information and tickets visit The Palm’s website.
Trending News on PVDN
- Two More Puerto Vallarta Beaches Are Awarded Blue Flags Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) - In the upcoming 2023-2024 season, Puerto Vallarta is set to host six beaches awarded with the Blue Flag accreditation, an esteemed international recognition for high environmental and quality standards. The Blue Flag committee has reconfirmed the status for four previously certified beaches while conferring this prestigious title to two new beaches…
- Tactical Groups Are Added to the Streets and Beaches of Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) - As a component of the safety strategies initiated at the Citizen Security Police Station, members from the Tactical Operations Group (GOT) have been bolstering street patrols all over Puerto Vallarta. Following directives from Commissioner Rigoberto Flores Parra and Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez, these officers ensure a visible and protective presence…
- Popocatépetl Volcano Resumes Activity; Authorities Maintain Alert Status PUERTO VALLARTA (PVDN) - After a period of relative calm last week, Mexico's Popocatépetl volcano resumed minor activity on Friday night and through Saturday night, as reported by the National Civil Protection Coordination (CNPC). This comes following significant explosions last weekend that put nearby communities on high alert. The resumed activity was characterized by minor…
- Puerto Vallarta Set to Celebrate 105th Anniversary as Municipality and 55th as a City with Grand Festivities PUERTO VALLARTA - The coastal paradise of Puerto Vallarta is poised to celebrate two landmark anniversaries: the 105th anniversary of its recognition as a municipality and the 55th anniversary of its elevation to city status, with a grand commemoration on May 31, 2023. The celebrations have been meticulously planned by the municipal government led by…
- Mothers Searching For Their Missing Children Uncover Presumed Clandesant Grave in Puerto Vallarta PUERTO VALLARTA (PVDN) - A team of mothers seeking their missing children made a chilling discovery on the outskirts of Puerto Vallarta Saturday afternoon: a skeleton, fragments of bones, and several indications pointing towards a potential site of illegal body disposal. The area of discovery, located near the road to Viejo el Veladero, close to…
- American Tourist In Critical Condition in Puerto Vallarta After Wave Breaks His Neck Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) - "Experiencing your sibling in critical care, confessing your love to him, anticipating the worst... it's a nightmare no one should have to endure," shared Adam Griffis. Adam's younger brother, Evan, is struggling for survival in a medical facility located in Puerto Vallarta. The 30-year-old experienced a freak accident while swimming last…
- Recent Protests Disrupt 40% of Puerto Vallarta’s Economy Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) - Tourism, a critical sector of Puerto Vallarta's economy, has been severely affected by protests, suffering both reputational damage and direct harm to visitors. Alejandro Torres Magaña, General Manager of the Puerto Vallarta Hotel and Motel Association, cited missed flights and hotel delays as significant issues.
- Volcanic eruptions in Mexico and the dangers of fetishizing natural disasters Ash from the volcano has been falling heavily for a few weeks now, but Sunday was much worse. Nevertheless, many people still had to work outside all day, despite the hazards. The fish and vegetable street vendors were working, a woman was pacing up and down my street selling flower bouquets, the pizza and taco…
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief with Felipe Alvarez for May 26, 2023 Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) - The Puerto Vallarta News Brief covers the top trending stories of the week on Vallarta Daily News and is hosted by Felipe Alvarez.
- Mexico’s Vacation Rental Boom is in Full Swing and Puerto Vallarta Isn’t Left Out Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) - The vacation rental industry in Mexico is currently thriving, marking an unparalleled period of success. From January to March 2023, INEGI recorded an impressive influx of nearly 18.8 million international visitors. This figure represents an increase of 3.87 million visitors or 25.9% when compared to the corresponding period in 2022. During…