This Saturday, Tropical Storm Estelle will move to the south of the coasts of Colima and Michoacán; its cloud bands, in interaction with a low-pressure channel over western and central Mexico, will cause intense punctual rains in regions of Colima, Guerrero, Jalisco, Michoacán, and Nayarit, reported the National Meteorological Service (SMN).
SMN noted that early today, Estelle was located approximately 500 kilometers (km) southwest of Acapulco, Guerrero, and 615 km south-southeast of Manzanillo, Colima, with maximum sustained winds of 95 km/h, gusts 110 km/h, and displacement towards the northwest at 17 km/h. According to forecast models, Estelle will follow a trajectory parallel to the Mexican Pacific, which is why it remains under surveillance.
Likewise, very heavy rains (from 50 to 75 mm) are forecast in areas of the State of Mexico, Guanajuato, Oaxaca, Sinaloa and Sonora; strong (from 25 to 50 mm) in areas of Chiapas, Mexico City, Durango, Morelos, Puebla, Veracruz and Zacatecas; intervals of showers (from 5 to 25 mm) in Aguascalientes, Campeche, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Hidalgo, Querétaro, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí, Tabasco, Tamaulipas and Tlaxcala, as well as isolated rains (from 0.1 to 5.0 mm) in Baja California , Baja California Sur, Quintana Roo and Yucatan.
SMN specified that the rainfall, which will be with lightning, strong winds, and hail, could generate landslides, increase in the levels of rivers and streams, overflows, and floods in low-lying areas, for which the population is urged to heed the warnings of the Service National Meteorological, of the National Water Commission, and follow the indications of the state and municipal authorities of Civil Protection. Maritime navigation in the vicinity of the system is called to take extreme precautions due to conditions of strong winds and high waves.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Mexico’s most dangerous volcano reported 120 exhalations in the past day The Popocatépetl volcano reported 120 exhalations in the last day, according to daily monitoring carried out by the National Center for Disaster Prevention (Cenapred) together with the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…