The robbery at a bank branch ended in a chase by the municipal police of Puerto Vallarta, the National Guard (GN), and the Navy from Jalisco to Nayarit.
After the report of the robbery at the bank located in Marina Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, the authorities began the operation to find the armed individuals who had already fled from the banking institution.
Municipal police located a white truck that met the characteristics of the robbery report, however, the armed subjects were in at least three trucks, so the chase began.
The truck, fleeing from the authorities, caused at least four road accidents, reporting at least ten affected vehicles, while they continued to flee from the authorities.
They passed over the Ameca River bridge, arriving in the state of Nayarit, where one of the policemen managed to catch up with them on his motorcycle, but the subjects blocked his way and with the maneuver, the policeman ended in an accident.
According to preliminary information, the shootout between the armed subjects and the security elements was constant throughout the chase, for which one of the policemen was wounded by a bullet.
Authorities from Bahía de Banderas in Nayarit joined the operation, where they guarded the avenues and exits of their state, however, they lost their trail, and minutes later they located one of the trucks used by the subjects in San Clemente de Lima, Nayarit.
Both police officers are stable, they were taken to a nearby hospital, while the authorities have not reported any arrests so far.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Mexico’s most dangerous volcano reported 120 exhalations in the past day The Popocatépetl volcano reported 120 exhalations in the last day, according to daily monitoring carried out by the National Center for Disaster Prevention (Cenapred) together with the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…