The Ministry of Health ( SSa ) reported that as of October 1, 2021, there are already 277,976 confirmed deaths in Mexico from the new coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as 3,671,611 accumulated cases. In the last 24 hours, there were 471 deaths and 7,388 new infections.
Mexico City and the State of Mexico are the entities with the highest number of estimated active cases, those being infections within the past 14-days. Nationally, 62,158 active infections are calculated with an incidence rate of 44.4 per 100,000 inhabitants.
Mexico City registers most of the accumulated cases in the country and represents, by itself, 27% of all those registered.
Regarding the distribution by gender in confirmed deaths, it shows a prevalence of 62% in men. The median age of the deaths is 64 years. Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Jalisco, Puebla, Guanajuato, Veracruz, Nuevo Leon, Baja California, Chihuahua, and Sonora are located as the 10 entities that have registered the highest number of deaths, which together account for 65% of all of the country.
On September 29, 673,520 doses of COVID-19 vaccines were injected. In total, 101,190,484 vaccines have been applied throughout the country.
Mexico City and Querétaro have vaccinated nine out of 10 adults, while Aguascalientes, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Colima, Durango, Hidalgo, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo León, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa, Sonora, Tamaulipas, Yucatán and Zacatecas report coverage of between 72 and 86 percent.
In epidemiological week 37, a 22% decrease in the number of estimated cases of COVID-19 is reported, compared to the previous week.
The authorities urge citizens to wear face masks, continuously wash their hands or use antibacterial gel and keep a healthy distance regardless of whether they are already vaccinated or the current level of community spread where they live.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- Will there be a mega earthquake in Mexico and the United States in the next 48 hours? The earthquake alert states that both the UN and the Harvard Institute of Geophysics have warned that a mega earthquake will affect Mexico and the United States in “the next 48 hours”
- There have been 1,719 aftershocks since the September 19 earthquake that shook Puerto Vallarta On September 19, a magnitude 7.7 tremor was recorded in Jalisco at 1:05 p.m. with an epicenter in Coalcomán, Michoacán. From that day and until 6:00 p.m. on September 23, 1,719 aftershocks have occurred, the one that occurred on Thursday was the strongest with a magnitude of 6.9, and woke up the people of Puerto…
- Another earthquake shakes Puerto Vallarta, second quake this week An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.9 struck Coalcoman, Michoacán at 1:16 AM and was felt in Puerto Vallarta. The first reports indicate that the telluric movement was intensely perceived throughout the state of Michoacán, Jalisco, and Morelos. The Government of Jalisco published on social networks that “after tonight’s earthquake, no damage or injured people…
- Live Updates: New aftershock of 6.9 felt in Puerto Vallarta in early morning hours Recent update: September 22, 2020 @2:20 AM Local Time An aftershock of 6.9 rocked Puerto Vallarta again on Thursday, September 22, at 1:16 AM. Read more Again on September 19. This Monday, a new earthquake of magnitude 7.7 was recorded, with an epicenter in Coalcoman, Michoacán, and was perceived in several areas of Mexico. The…
- Tropical storm ‘Newton’ forms in Manzanillo, Colima; heavy rains in Jalisco expected On Wednesday, September 21, Tropical Depression Fifteen-E became Tropical Storm Newton, over the Pacific Ocean and will cause rains in some states of Mexico, reported the National Meteorological Service (SMN) of the National Water Commission. Newton was located approximately 280 kilometers southwest of Manzanillo, Colima, and 335 km south of Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco, at 8:30…