The Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection of Nayarit reported that from this Thursday and until further notice the entrance to the Nuevo Nayarit Beach, in the municipality of Bahía de Banderas, is suspended due to the presence of crocodiles.
In a message published on social networks, the agency states that the purple flag will remain, “which indicates that access to aquatic activities is suspended due to the presence of harmful fauna.”
It specifies that the harmful fauna is crocodiles that are found inside the sea area.
Bathers are asked to take extreme precautions and comply with “the notices issued by Citizen Protection.”
At the end of March, the beaches of Guayabitos and Los Ayala, municipality of Compostela, were closed due to the presence of moray eels; and in May jellyfish were detected in Las Islitas and Brujas, municipality of San Blas.
Last month, Civil Protection Unit in Puerto Vallarta reported that two people were attacked by a crocodile in the tourist destination, resulting in both individuals being injured, and taken to a hospital for medical attention.
According to Jalisco Civil Protection, the attack happened on Bocanegra Beach, in the Marina Vallarta neighborhood, when a crocodile attacked two people.
One of the victims was a 24-year-old man who was swimming in the sea at night when the animal attacked, so a companion also entered to help him.
The man who was swimming, Civil Protection points out, presented injuries to both legs, right arm, chest, and abdomen. While his companion was injured in the right arm and in the right groin area.
The two injured were American tourists, and after the first medical attention, they were transferred to a private hospital in Puerto Vallarta.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- More terror in Mexico; Cartels in Baja California set fire to vehicles and buses One day after the violent day in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, and in the same week that similar events were reported in Jalisco and Guanajuato, the violence hit the state of Baja California in various regions of the municipalities of Tecate, Rosarito, Ensenada, Tijuana, and Mexicali. Through social networks, various users released images and videos where…
- Puerto Vallarta unaffected by recent violence in Jalisco The violent events in Jalisco, mainly in the city of Guadalajara and the State of Guanajuato have not affected the flow of tourists to Puerto Vallarta, assured the director of Municipal Tourism, José Ludwig Estrada Virgen. Questioned about this, the municipal official said that so far no actions have been taken for these violent events…
- Mexico president to bypass congress to keep army in streets MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s president has begun exploring plans to sidestep congress to hand formal control of the National Guard to the army, a move that could extend the military’s control over policing in a country with high levels of violence. That has raised concerns because President Andrés Manuel López Obrador won approval for…
- Criminals gangs burn stores and vehicles in Jalisco and Guanajuato Terror took hold of Jalisco and Guanajuato on Tuesday night. Criminals burned cars, trucks, and businesses, and also blocked several roads in these two states just after 7:00 p.m. The violence was the response to the operation to arrest a regional criminal and the clashes between crime rings and members of the Army, as explained…
- 25 National Guardsmen in Mexico kidnapped for ransom to release captured gang members After the arrest of 164 members of Pueblos Unidos, who were getting ready for another raid in the Uruapan area, Michoacán, some members of the National Guard (GN) were captured by community members associated with the criminal group. However, after a few hours, the uniformed men were released. According to local media, community members from…