The Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport, which serves both Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Nayarit, is experiencing increased activity month by month. This November, it will welcome more than 1,900 flights, a 27% increase over October, when recorded 1,537 flights.
According to a report issued by Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico (GAP), the terminal’s operator there are a projected 1,953 operations for the second to last month of the year. Of this total, there are 916 domestic flights and 1,037 international.
This activity, together with the recent announcement of the airlines’ return from Europe and Canada—suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic—will enable the destination to remain among the most visited destinations in 2021.
Marc Murphy, managing director of the Convention and Visitors Bureau of the Riviera Nayarit (CVB), said that the steady increase in air activity is good news for the destination. This is especially important now that connectivity with the main cities of origin for tourists from the United States and Canada has significantly improved, as have the connections with the main cities in Mexico.
“The announcement that Tui Airways is returning to the region as of Wednesday, November 3rd, with the first flight from Manchester, plus the flight from London scheduled for the 25th, is another bit of good news. This will no doubt be a boost for the upcoming winter season,” he said.
The UK edition of the prestigious luxury travel and lifestyle magazine Condé Nast Traveller recently included the Riviera Nayarit among the 30 Best Vacation Destinations for November 2021. Readers put the destination on par with Andalusia, Spain; the Caribbean’s Antigua and Barbuda; Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, in the United States; and Hong Kong.
This month, 11 airlines will add a combined 12 new routes:
- American Airlines, the US flag carrier, launched its new route, from Austin, Texas, on Tuesday, November 2nd, with three weekly flights on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Alaska, with a new flight from Portland, with four frequencies a week, starting Monday, November 8th.
- Sun Country returns with the Minneapolis route, with one frequency on Saturdays.
- United will fly from Newark with two frequencies a week.
- Tui Airways resumes operations on Wednesday, November 3rd, with a flight from Manchester, England.
- Canadian airlines Swoop, Air Canada, Air Transat, West Jet, and Sunwing resume their Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, Winnipeg, and Edmonton routes.
- Transportes Aéreos Regionales T. A. R. will operate flights from Hermosillo and La Paz, with three frequencies per week each.
Originally published by Nayarit Tourism Ministry
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Request made to exhume Debanhi Escobar’s body to confirm cause of death This May 26, Ricardo Mejía, undersecretary of the Ministry of Security and Citizen Protection, confirmed that the Nuevo León Prosecutor’s Office will request the exhumation of the body of the young Debanhi Susana Escobar Bazaldúa, in order to standardize the forensic criteria on the cause of death. Last Saturday, May 21, an inter-institutional meeting on…
- The season’s first tropical storm in the Pacific expected to form this weekend A low-pressure area located south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec will increase its probability of developing a tropical cyclone, so heavy rains are forecast for this Thursday in Chiapas, Tabasco, eastern Oaxaca, and southern Veracruz.; very strong in Campeche, and strong (from 25 to 50 mm) in Guerrero, Quintana Roo and Yucatán. The storm has…
- Mysterious finding of 30 dead dolphins on a beach in Baja California Sur The rocky beach of El Calafín, in the state of Baja California Sur, became a graveyard for dolphins on May 25. Elements of the Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection ( Profepa ), in coordination with the Network of Attention to Stranding of Marine Mammals, went to the beach located about 40 kilometers north of the…
- Cartel launches massacre in Guanajuato leaving 11 dead Guanajuato has become one of the most violent regions in Mexico in recent years, as drug trafficking groups, mainly the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) and the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel (CSRL), fight for control of the zone. The last instance of violence occurred at approximately 10:00 pm Monday, May 23, in a hotel…
- Tropical Storm Agatha is first named storm of the Pacific hurricane season, expected to strengthen Tropical storm Agatha has become the first named storm of the 2022 Pacific hurricane season and will generate heavy rains in the south and southeast of the country this Saturday, May 28, especially on the coasts of Oaxaca and Guerrero. Agatha is expected to strengthen into a hurricane within the next 24 hours and remain…