In Puerto Vallarta-Riviera Nayarit, the joy and warm hospitality of its people can be readily felt. Locals, as well as newcomers and tourists, find that the sea-mountain-warm weather combination with its lush jungle, gorgeous beaches and crystal blue water, along with the magic captured in its magnificent sunsets, creates the perfect formula, drawing people from all over the world to this idyllic bay. It appeals to: family, couples, LGBT community, retirees, adventure and nature seekers, foodies, and art and culture lovers. It also attracts business and convention organizers, and those seeking medical services.
Vallarta conserves its traditional Mexican essence, while entire the bay has become a cosmopolitan, international resort area. This mixture of the traditional and cosmopolitan can be tangibly experienced in both the many award-winning restaurants and galleries, and the artistic, cultural events.
Puerto Vallarta-Riviera Nayarit is one of the most acclaimed destinations in Mexico with many accolades:
Named “World’s Friendliest City” by readers of Condé Nast in 2001, and in January 2015 as the “#2 Best Place to Visit in Mexico” by the US News & World Report, others include:
- TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards 2014, 2nd place as “Best Overall Destination in Mexico”
- US News & World Report Jan 2014 chosen as “#2 Best Place to Visit in Mexico”
- Travel Weekly Magellan Awards, 6 in total for “Vallarta-Nayarit” campaign
- Travel + Leisure, World’s Best Awards 2013-2014, PV appears now as “#4 Top City in Mexico, Central & South America”.
- Gaycities.com, “#2 Best Sun & Sand City”
- About.com Readers’ Choice Award 2012 as “Favorite Mexican Beach”.
- TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Award 2012:
- Puerto Vallarta as the “Number One Overall Destination in Mexico”.
- One of the “World’s Leading Beach Destinations”.
- About.com Readers’ Choice Award 2012 as “Most Romantic Mexican Destination”.
- “Best Convention Destination” by the Magazine MDC
- “Best Retirement Destination in Mexico” by USNews.com.
- “Best Place to Retire in the World” 2010 AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).
Puerto Vallarta-Riviera Nayarit has earned all of these recognitions by consistently offering exceptional tourism services, steady growth, extensive expansion of infrastructure, and expanded cultural activities to better serve the increasing number of visitors every year, and the community.
To know more about Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit please visit:
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here