Derived from the actions to strengthen the strategy of the State Epidemiological Surveillance System of the Jalisco Health Secretariat (SSJ), as of this Friday, August 5, six new cases of monkeypox have been identified; with which 28 confirmed cases are accumulated in the State.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), monkeypox is considered a low lethality disease. Of the people confirmed in Jalisco, to date 18 have already completed their isolation period and 10 continue with active status. On the other hand, there are 44 people being monitored due to possible exposure, all without symptoms.
In the 125 municipalities of the state, the protocol is maintained to provide orientation, and attention and remain on alert in all medical units of the health sector; in constant communication for the reference and confirmation of probable cases.
The six new cases were confirmed by the Institute of Epidemiological Diagnosis and Reference “Dr. Manuel Martínez Báez” (InDRE).
NEW CONFIRMED CASES
1- 30-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Tlaquepaque. As a history of risk, he refers to contact with people who traveled abroad. He began with symptoms on July 25 and later presented pustule-like lesions on various parts of his body. He went to the clinic where they took samples that were sent to the InDRE, which confirmed positive for smallpox on August 4.
2- 29-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Tlaquepaque. He presented macule-type lesions on the face, chest, back, legs, and arms. On July 26 he went for attention, samples were taken to send to the InDRE that confirmed monkeypox this Friday, August 5.
3- 23-year-old male patient, of Colombian nationality, with temporary residence in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. He began with symptoms on July 21 with lesions in various areas of the body, he went for care and sample collection, which the InDRE confirmed positive for monkeypox on August 2.
4- 46-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Guadalajara. He began with symptoms on July 28 with lesions in the corner of his mouth and later in various parts of the body. He went to the medical unit for attention, samples were taken that the InDRE confirmed positive for monkeypox on August 2.
5- 33-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. He began with symptoms on July 13 in the genital region and extremities. He appears in consultation, samples were taken that the InDRE confirms positive for monkeypox this Friday, August 5.
6- 27-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Guadalajara. As a history of risk, he mentions living with foreigners and a trip to Puerto Vallarta in the last week. He began on July 25 with swollen glands, papules, and vesicles on the face, arms, armpits, and abdomen. He goes to consultation on August 2, samples were taken that the InDRE confirms positive for monkeypox this Friday, August 5.
The SSJ reiterates that in all active cases, the epidemiological investigation and contact investigation actions continue.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN, and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only $25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Criminals gangs burn stores and vehicles in Jalisco and Guanajuato Terror took hold of Jalisco and Guanajuato on Tuesday night. Criminals burned cars, trucks, and businesses, and also blocked several roads in these two states just after 7:00 p.m. The violence was the response to the operation to arrest a regional criminal and the clashes between crime rings and members of the Army, as explained…
- Mexico governmental agency investigates Sonora Grill for accusations of separating diners by skin color The luxury restaurant chain Sonora Grill Group is in the eye of the hurricane due to accusations that point to alleged acts of discrimination and racism against its diners. The accusations started at the restaurant chain’s location on Presidente Masaryk street in the Polanco neighborhood -one of the most exclusive in the capital-, where they…
- Allegations that Amber Heard blackmailed Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp are creepy, even for her If the latest reports that Amber Heard had a strategic plan to blackmail Elon Musk to pay Johnny Depp the judgment against her, it’s the creepiest thing that we have seen from the actress during her very public spiral. And maybe the creepiest thing from Elon Musk, which says a lot. After starring in and…
- Woman’s body found in a suitcase in Puerto Vallarta On Saturday night, authorities located the body of a person inside a suitcase on Antonio J. Hernández street and Prolongación Zacatecas street in the Primero de Mayo neighborhood in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. The report was made to the 911 emergency service where a suspicious package was mentioned on Antonio J. Hernández street at…
- Texas man dies at Blue Chairs Hotel in Puerto Vallarta Another unfortunate death was recorded in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta, where a 71-year-old man from Texas was found dead inside his hotel room at the Blue Chairs Hotel on Los Muertos Beach. It was announced that the man apparently died of natural causes, however, as there was no direct relative who could officially…