Derived from the actions to strengthen the strategy of the State Epidemiological Surveillance System of the Jalisco Health Secretariat (SSJ), as of this Friday, August 5, six new cases of monkeypox have been identified; with which 28 confirmed cases are accumulated in the State.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), monkeypox is considered a low lethality disease. Of the people confirmed in Jalisco, to date 18 have already completed their isolation period and 10 continue with active status. On the other hand, there are 44 people being monitored due to possible exposure, all without symptoms.
In the 125 municipalities of the state, the protocol is maintained to provide orientation, and attention and remain on alert in all medical units of the health sector; in constant communication for the reference and confirmation of probable cases.
The six new cases were confirmed by the Institute of Epidemiological Diagnosis and Reference “Dr. Manuel Martínez Báez” (InDRE).
NEW CONFIRMED CASES
1- 30-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Tlaquepaque. As a history of risk, he refers to contact with people who traveled abroad. He began with symptoms on July 25 and later presented pustule-like lesions on various parts of his body. He went to the clinic where they took samples that were sent to the InDRE, which confirmed positive for smallpox on August 4.
2- 29-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Tlaquepaque. He presented macule-type lesions on the face, chest, back, legs, and arms. On July 26 he went for attention, samples were taken to send to the InDRE that confirmed monkeypox this Friday, August 5.
3- 23-year-old male patient, of Colombian nationality, with temporary residence in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. He began with symptoms on July 21 with lesions in various areas of the body, he went for care and sample collection, which the InDRE confirmed positive for monkeypox on August 2.
4- 46-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Guadalajara. He began with symptoms on July 28 with lesions in the corner of his mouth and later in various parts of the body. He went to the medical unit for attention, samples were taken that the InDRE confirmed positive for monkeypox on August 2.
5- 33-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Puerto Vallarta. He began with symptoms on July 13 in the genital region and extremities. He appears in consultation, samples were taken that the InDRE confirms positive for monkeypox this Friday, August 5.
6- 27-year-old male patient, resident of the municipality of Guadalajara. As a history of risk, he mentions living with foreigners and a trip to Puerto Vallarta in the last week. He began on July 25 with swollen glands, papules, and vesicles on the face, arms, armpits, and abdomen. He goes to consultation on August 2, samples were taken that the InDRE confirms positive for monkeypox this Friday, August 5.
The SSJ reiterates that in all active cases, the epidemiological investigation and contact investigation actions continue.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…
- Mexico will stop producing the 20 peso bill and replace it with a coin Just what everyone wants! More change in their pocket. The Bank of Mexico (Banxico) announced that in 2025 the 20-peso bill will cease to circulate, to be replaced by coins, due to its practicality, and will cease to be produced this year 2023. “The banknotes and coins in the withdrawal process still retain their liberating…