As part of the strategies to prevent accidents resulting from drinking and driving, the Municipal Transit Authority continues to implement operation “saving lives” with the use of random breathalyzer testing on the streets of Puerto Vallarta.
Last weekend, two checkpoints were placed in which there were several sanctioned drivers.
On Friday, the checkpoint was placed at the intersection of Brasilia and Francisco Medina Ascencio avenues, where a total of 31 tests were carried out, of which 28 were for men and 3 were women.
Eleven of the tests carried out were positive, being 9 men and 2 women, resulting in a 35% positivity rate. Of the eleven drunk drivers, seven chose to pay their fine on the spot.
A total of five vehicles were detained, in addition, three motorcycles were detected in the operation that were detained for different violations of the Traffic Regulations.
11 citations were made for DUI, and 17 for other infractions, making a total of 28 citations made.
On Saturday, the checkpoint was installed again at the intersection of Brasilia and Francisco Medina Asencio avenues, where a total of 39 tests were carried out, of which 36 were for men and three for women, 13 were positive, 12 being men and a woman, of which 10 decided to pay their fine on the spot.
Two motorcycles were detained at the checkpoint that were in violation of Traffic regulations and two vehicles were detained for infractions.
13 citations were made for DUI and 9 for other infractions, making a total of 22 citations issued.
With these actions, the Subdirectorate of Municipal Traffic, in charge of Lieutenant Pedro David García Maldonado, endorses its commitment to guarantee the safety of drivers and at the same time raises awareness to prevent mishaps derived from mixing the “steering wheel with alcohol.”
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- San Pancho and Lo de Marcos, two treasures of the Riviera Nayarit Two of the quietest towns, with the most beautiful beaches of the Riviera Nayarit and perfect for finding yourself, are San Pancho and Lo de Marcos. San Pancho San Francisco, better known as San Pancho, is located 44.8 km north of Puerto Vallarta and 23 minutes from Sayulita on federal highway 200 on the Central…
- Spiderman actor Andrew Garfield spotted vacationing in Puerto Vallarta This Tuesday afternoon Andrew Garfield began trending after his fans in Mexico saw him on the beaches in Puerto Vallarta enjoying the waves on his surfboard. The American actor was seen surfing yesterday and according to some fan accounts, he decided to come to Jalisco for the sole purpose of vacationing and disconnecting from his…
- There have been 1,719 aftershocks since the September 19 earthquake that shook Puerto Vallarta On September 19, a magnitude 7.7 tremor was recorded in Jalisco at 1:05 p.m. with an epicenter in Coalcomán, Michoacán. From that day and until 6:00 p.m. on September 23, 1,719 aftershocks have occurred, the one that occurred on Thursday was the strongest with a magnitude of 6.9, and woke up the people of Puerto…
- Another earthquake shakes Puerto Vallarta, second quake this week An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.9 struck Coalcoman, Michoacán at 1:16 AM and was felt in Puerto Vallarta. The first reports indicate that the telluric movement was intensely perceived throughout the state of Michoacán, Jalisco, and Morelos. The Government of Jalisco published on social networks that “after tonight’s earthquake, no damage or injured people…
- Mexico and the United States, two centuries of mistrust The main obstacle to a more fruitful relationship with the United States is overcoming the mistrust that still prevails, on both sides. Opinion by Eduardo Guerrero Gutierrez: On the main stairs of the Chapultepec Castle you can see The Sacrifice of the Children Heroes, by the Jalisco painter Gabriel Flores García. It is an impressive…