Puerto Vallarta authorities were activated during the heavy rain recorded Saturday night, carrying out preventive tours through various areas, attending to 911 calls, and activating machinery and work crews to attend to flooding and landslides.
It was around 10 p.m. when the first monitoring actions were undertaken in vulnerable areas, rivers and streams, by the Directorate of Civil Protection and Firefighters.
In total, support was provided in 20 emergency or preventive services, including the rescue of two women in their vehicle that was swept away by the current on Calle Perú.
Assistance was also provided to a person who was reported to have been dragged by the current in the 5 de Diciembre neighborhood. Authorities found an intoxicated male who had been dragged by flooding and needed rescue.
The report on a burning vehicle in the Bugambilias neighborhood was attended to without any incident, in addition, authorities attended to a report of a fallen fence on three vehicles and a house in the 5 de Diciembre neighborhood. The fence of approximately 40 linear meters belonged to condominiums in the area. The residents of the affected house were removed, being two older adults, who were not injured and were transferred to the home of a relative.
The City Council staff also worked on the blockage of the storm drains on Pablo Picasso Street and Montessori Street in Las Glorias. Rock slides and materials were also removed from Calle Manantial and the south to north entrance of the highway tunnel.
The removal of 4 fallen trees, a fallen post, cables, and a light transformer was also carried out, the latter by the companies that provide these services.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Crocodile captured in Puerto Vallarta at Parque Lineal Elements of the Municipal Government’s Environment Department captured an adult crocodile approximately 2.63 meters long, in Linear Park, near the Ex Haciendas del Pitillal, this Wednesday. The specimen is marked with the number 530 and was relocated to the El Salado estuary. This happens in the commemoration of the Day of the Biologist, professionals who…
- Puerto Vallarta Malecón will be repaired due to damage caused by high waves In a regular session of the Tourism and Economic Development Commission in cooperation with the Environment and Public Services Commissions, the opinion derived from a building agreement initiative was approved this Wednesday to carry out the repair of the Puerto Vallarta Malecón, due to the damage it suffered as a result of the high waves.…
- Mexico’s most dangerous volcano reported 120 exhalations in the past day The Popocatépetl volcano reported 120 exhalations in the last day, according to daily monitoring carried out by the National Center for Disaster Prevention (Cenapred) together with the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Puerto Vallarta recognizes heroic action of policeman who saved tourist from drowning Officer Alejandro Abarca Álvarez, a tourist area policeman, who on January 15 saved the life of a tourist from Guadalajara after being swept away by ocean currents, was recognized for his heroic actions. The rescue was registered at around 5:00 pm at Camarones Beach next to the Rosita Hotel and according to the report of…