A crocodile measuring almost 3 meters long was captured and relocated from the hotel zone of Puerto Vallarta this Thursday morning.
According to the Subdirectorate of Environment and Ecology, the reptile was located in the vicinity of the channel that flows into Playa Flamingos, in the northern hotel zone of the city.
“In response to a citizen report, our Environment and Ecology staff carried out, under the Human-Crocodile Contingency Attention Protocol, the capture of a specimen of 2.77 mts. in the channel that leads to Playa Flamingos” reported the agency.
The reptile was relocated to avoid possible contact with humans, however, the sighting of crocodiles in the city is frequent, especially in the vicinity of canals and rivers that are part of its natural habitat.
It is recommended, in case of encountering one of these reptiles, to keep a distance and immediately call 911 so that specialized personnel can carry out the capture and subsequent release.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Canadian woman hospitalized after being critically injured by rogue wave during her Puerto Vallarta honeymoon vacation A Canadian woman remains on a ventilator in a hospital after she was struck by a rogue wave while on her honeymoon in Mexico. Cory Moe, who is a long-term care nurse back in Carnduff, Saskatchewan, was in Puerto Vallarta with her husband Dalton for a delayed honeymoon and the pair were enjoying the water.…
- With new explosion and 249 minutes of tremors in the last 24-hours, warning about Mexico’s most dangerous volcano is issued In the last 24 hours, at least 128 exhalations, 249 minutes of tremors, a minor explosion, and a volcanotectonic earthquake have been recorded, which is why the population is urged not to approach the volcano.
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Puerto Vallarta carried out a cleaning day in the Cuale River Within the framework of World Environmental Education Day, the city of Puerto Vallarta coordinated a cleaning day on the banks of the Cuale River, with the participation of students and teachers of Secondary School No. 84 ‘Valentín Gómez Farías’. The councilor María Elena Curiel Preciado, president of the Building Commission for Education, Innovation, Science and…
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.