In the early hours of Wednesday, November 10, reports revealed that the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) delivered food to the population of Tuxpan, in Nayarit.
The food donations are attributed to two individuals known as El Fresa and El 010, alleged operators of the criminal organization in that area of the state.
There were dozens of people who received the food packages in the municipality of Tuxpan. The food packages came with a stamp signed by El Fresa, a possible head of the CJNG plaza.
“CJNG: Plaza Bahía de Banderas on behalf of Mr. Fresa and his entourage “, can be read on the packaging, which also includes the drawing of a strawberry, which is the translation of fresa in Spanish.
Photographs published by users through social networks captured dozens of people posing with their gifts. Holding and showing the plastic bags, which contain everything from toilet paper and sea salt to pasta, coffee, and rice, among other items.
In September, the CJNG delivered food pantries in the municipalities affected by the rains in Zacatecas, in north-central Mexico. Coming to the aid of citizens where the government has failed has been key to support for cartels by the population.
Images of food with the insignia of the Operativa 90 Zacatecas cartel circulated on social networks. According to the blog Red Code, which reports on events related to drug trafficking, the aid was distributed in the Genaro Codina municipality, where the San Aparicio dam overflowed last week.
So far, the authorities have not ruled on the matter; However, accounts related to citizen complaints warned that the criminal group distributed more than a thousand food packages in the affected areas.
Operation 090 is related to Hugo Gonzálo Mendoza Gaytán, El Sapo, a powerful but low-profile CJNG operator, who has become a priority target of the government of Andrés Manuel López Obrador .
According to the authorities, the deliveries of pantries have also taken place in the cities of Guadalajara, Zapotiltic, and Zapopan, which suffered the ravages of the rains.
The gunmen distributed mattresses, beds, and blankets in the name of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, El Mencho. The message that the gunmen try to make the population believe is that they do help vulnerable people, while the government crosses its arms or conditions support.
Zacatecas is a strategic place for the CJNG, which maintains an internal war with the Sinaloa Cartel for control of the region.
This battle has intensified in recent months; however, the violence came much earlier, when in 2015 the Army warned about the displacement of CJNG cells on the border between Jalisco and Zacatecas. Shortly after, in the city of Nochistlán, a glass laboratory allegedly belonging to the cartel was found. Of course, it did not take long for clashes to arise with gunmen from Los Zetas and the Gulf Cartel, who then dominated the area.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- One of the three bloodiest cells of the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel operates in Puerto Vallarta The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) is one of the most dangerous criminal organizations in Mexico and the world, as it has come to establish operations centers in other countries such as Ecuador, where it has left a trail of violence in its struggle to obtain control of the region. To wage its bloody wars…
- Mexico wants American extradited on charges in tourist death CABO SAN LUCAS, Mexico (AP) — Mexican prosecutors have filed charges against a U.S. woman suspected of killing another American seen being beaten in a viral video. Prosecutors in the state of Baja California Sur did not name the suspect in the Oct. 29 death of Shanquella Robinson. But on Thursday, they said they had…
- Mexico’s president accused of receiving bribes from the Sinaloa Cartel, according to US documents Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán’s lawyer, Jeffrey Lichtman, declared that both former president Enrique Peña Nieto and current president Andrés Manuel López Obrador ( AMLO ) received million-dollar bribes from the Sinaloa Cartel.
- Puerto Vallarta tourism will have a historic end of the year This 2022 Puerto Vallarta is on track to have a historic closure as a tourist destination since throughout the year there has been a path of recovery without interruption and will undoubtedly exceed figures from pre-pandemic years. The general director of the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Promotion Trust, Luis Antonio Villaseñor Nolasco, declared that growth has…
- Deadly meningitis outbreak in Mexico caused by anesthetics MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s Public Health Department said Thursday that a worrisome outbreak of 61 meningitis cases in the northern state of Durango this month was linked to anesthetic procedures used at local hospitals. At least a dozen people have died and a dozen more are listed in serious condition because of the meningitis…