An arrest warrant was executed, and charges were brought against a municipal policeman from Guadalajara, considered to be the alleged leader of a gang of kidnappers.
Pablo Heriberto “F” was arrested along with seven subjects, considered responsible for various kidnappings against merchants in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (ZMG).
From the investigation, it emerged that Pablo Heriberto “F” took advantage of his position as a line police officer and took confidential information to which he had access through the corporation and leaked it to the criminal group; He was also in charge of the area where several kidnappings took place and he provided protection to criminals to prevent them from being discovered.
One of the events occurred on April 5, when a 56-year-old merchant was intercepted at the corner of Enrique Olivarría and Ferrari streets, in the Villas del Nilo neighborhood, in Guadalajara, by armed subjects who kidnapped him.
Then, his family received demands and threats from the kidnappers through text messages and calls, for the payment of $1.5 million pesos in exchange for returning him alive; They sent photographs of the victim handcuffed, in the place of captivity.
It was then that his relatives managed to collect 100,000 pesos and a 2018 Honda CRV truck that they delivered to the criminals, for which the merchant was released.
As a result of the ministerial proceedings, three months ago the group began to dismantle, and seven members are being prosecuted, four of them arrested a few hours after the kidnapping of another older adult, also a merchant, in the Lagos de Oriente neighborhood in Guadalajara, who was rescued in the operation.
Later the rest of the criminal group was arrested, and all were charged. Heriberto was arrested this week in an operation in Tlaquepaque, and now he is being charged with kidnapping, with his aggravating circumstance, he was given eight months of justified preventive detention as a precautionary measure.
Heriberto is considered the leader of the gang of kidnappers, he had been working as a member of the Guadalajara police for 24 years, according to Mayor Pablo Lemus, “this police officer had been inside the corporation for 24 years, attacking the citizens without anyone doing anything. Since we came to power at the Government of Guadalajara we started a cleanup in the Guadalajara Police, which will not stop…”.
The mayor confirms that the policeman had his Confidence Control exams, approved by the State Council for Evaluation and Control of Confidence, attached to the State Council for Public Security, and adds that from the moment of his arrest the administrative processes began to remove him from office.
Heriberto is only one story of the massive corruption in local, state, and federal police forces, including the National Guard and Mexican Army who have gained more control of security in Mexico and operate within criminal rings with impunity.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- San Pancho and Lo de Marcos, two treasures of the Riviera Nayarit Two of the quietest towns, with the most beautiful beaches of the Riviera Nayarit and perfect for finding yourself, are San Pancho and Lo de Marcos. San Pancho San Francisco, better known as San Pancho, is located 44.8 km north of Puerto Vallarta and 23 minutes from Sayulita on federal highway 200 on the Central…
- Spiderman actor Andrew Garfield spotted vacationing in Puerto Vallarta This Tuesday afternoon Andrew Garfield began trending after his fans in Mexico saw him on the beaches in Puerto Vallarta enjoying the waves on his surfboard. The American actor was seen surfing yesterday and according to some fan accounts, he decided to come to Jalisco for the sole purpose of vacationing and disconnecting from his…
- There have been 1,719 aftershocks since the September 19 earthquake that shook Puerto Vallarta On September 19, a magnitude 7.7 tremor was recorded in Jalisco at 1:05 p.m. with an epicenter in Coalcomán, Michoacán. From that day and until 6:00 p.m. on September 23, 1,719 aftershocks have occurred, the one that occurred on Thursday was the strongest with a magnitude of 6.9, and woke up the people of Puerto…
- Mexico and the United States, two centuries of mistrust The main obstacle to a more fruitful relationship with the United States is overcoming the mistrust that still prevails, on both sides. Opinion by Eduardo Guerrero Gutierrez: On the main stairs of the Chapultepec Castle you can see The Sacrifice of the Children Heroes, by the Jalisco painter Gabriel Flores García. It is an impressive…
- Tropical storm ‘Newton’ forms in Manzanillo, Colima; heavy rains in Jalisco expected On Wednesday, September 21, Tropical Depression Fifteen-E became Tropical Storm Newton, over the Pacific Ocean and will cause rains in some states of Mexico, reported the National Meteorological Service (SMN) of the National Water Commission. Newton was located approximately 280 kilometers southwest of Manzanillo, Colima, and 335 km south of Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco, at 8:30…