The head of the Specialized Prosecutor’s Office for Femicides, Griselda Núñez Espinoza, confirmed the presence of a man who got out of a car at the Nueva Castilla Motel, where the body of Debanhi Susana Escobar Bazaldúa was located on April 21.
Through the videos collected by the security cameras, the presence of a person was detected in the upper right window of the property. Likewise, it was reported that, so far, five vehicles have been insured that were identified by the videos analyzed.
“Regarding the person who can be seen in the video, we must share the update that the person has the characteristics of a man,” said Núñez Espinoza, who also announced that different investigations and requests for support from transport companies to verify the specific time in which someone could have approached the property.
It was around 5:47 a.m. on Saturday, April 9, the last time Debanhi was seen alive, when “Camera 1” of the Nueva Castilla Motel restaurant detected the presence of a car in front of the door of the building, while a person approached her. Moments before, Debanhi was seen walking alone near the cistern area, according to the report of the Nuevo León Prosecutor’s Office on April 27.
The security camera showed a glass door that leads to the tank area, a buffet table and an entrance that leads to Federal Highway 86 Monterrey-Nuevo Laredo. During the time that Debanhi is seen walking through the area of the cisterns and the presence of the man who boards the vehicle, the young woman is not seen leaving the Motel.
Moments earlier, “Camera 2″ from the parking lot, which focuses on the building’s parking area, recorded the moment Debanhi ran into the Motel at 4:35 p.m. Later, “Camera 1″ captured Escobar at the door overlooking the garden, where the cistern and a pool are located.
The last time Debanhi is seen was around 4:56 am through “Camera 1″, in which the figure of the young woman can be seen in the glass door that leads to the cistern area.
One of the lines of investigation indicates that after 4:56 a.m., Debanhi would have fallen alive into one of the three cisterns and would have died from the blow to the head she received when she fell into the well. When asked why she did not drown, it was pointed out that she had no water in her lungs since the height of the water in the cistern was 90 centimeters.
However, the videos collected by the security cameras do not show the exact moment in which Debanhi would have fallen into the well.
In cistern number 1, where Debanhi’s lifeless body was found, a pair of black and white tennis shoes with the legend “Converse” of size 5.5 and a fragment of tissue with cadaverous fauna were found. Also, in the surroundings, they found a black lady’s bag, a white bra, and a black face mask.
On the other hand, regarding the five insured vehicles, Núñez Espinoza reported that the five people who were driving them had already been questioned as part of the investigations into this case, which were identified by the security cameras installed at the entrance of the Nueva Castilla Motel.
Similarly, he pointed out that more than 70 people were invited to the party held at the Quinta Diamante, which Debanhi attended accompanied by Sarahí “N” and Ivonne “N”, for which the Prosecutor’s Office is investigating how many and who they were at the time the 18-year-old student arrived.
Finally, the prosecutor Griselda Núñez explained that Debanhi’s body was not detected by the canine pairs because there are no records indicating that this area of the Motel has been reviewed. “What we can see in the reports we found in the folder is that no one checked that area,” she concluded.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- Hurricane Orlene expected to bring intense rains, winds, and waves to Puerto Vallarta on Saturday On Saturday and Sunday, Hurricane Orlene will move as a hurricane to the north-northeast, along the coast of Mexico, with a probable path towards Sinaloa, where its center could impact as a tropical storm on Monday. On its way, it’s expected to become a hurricane and will cause a probability of intense rains in Sinaloa,…
- The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta The Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) moved its nerve center to Puerto Vallarta, where it currently coordinates its main operations. In addition, it has managed to expand to practically the entire national territory, through the franchise model, just as “Los Zetas” did, first-level authorities from the federal security cabinet revealed. From this tourist destination, this…
- Hurricane Orlene could be the closest hurricane to the Puerto Vallarta coast of the season Subscribers, login to your dashboard for the latest update on Tropical Storm Orlene. (last updated at 8:00 PM local time). Or Subscribe to PVDN to keep up with all the important news in Puerto Vallarta. Tropical Storm Orlene is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph (20 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue…
- Car crash in Puerto Vallarta leads to the discovery of a bagged body in the trunk What began as a car crash in Puerto Vallarta ended with the discovery of a bagged body that was in one of the vehicles involved in the accident. The events occurred on State Road 544 which leads to Puerto Vallarta from Mascota and San Sebastián del Oeste, where a red pickup truck and a dark-colored…
- Goodbye summer time: Congressional committee in Mexico passes bill to eliminate time changes Spring forward, Fall back could become a thing for the history books in Mexico next year as the slow gears of lawmaking have finally reached their last push and time changes in Mexico could officially end next June with a full congressional vote. This year, on October 30, at 2:00 am, Mexico will set clocks…