In an extraordinary town hall session, the approval of the initiative presented by Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez, was carried out so that Puerto Vallarta participates in the ‘Cobblestone Program for Economic Reactivation in the Municipalities’.
The state program is implemented through the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (SADER) with the purpose of financing up to 70 percent of the value of the projects that, at the proposal of the municipality, are sought to be executed in different neighborhoods.
The mayor explained that Puerto Vallarta proposes the inclusion of 11 streets for this program.
The proposal includes the concrete stone paving of Calle Ecuador, the Lázaro Cárdenas neighborhood and 5 de Diciembre; Danube River, in the López Mateos neighborhood; Belice, Lázaro Cárdenas neighborhood; Benemérito de las Américas, in the Valentín Gómez Farías neighborhood; Playa de Oro, in the Santa María neighborhood in the lower part; Circuito de la Montaña, Campo Verde subdivision; 8 de Mayo, in the Lomas del Coapinole neighborhood; 20 de Noviembre and Candido Aguilar, in Las Juntas; Flamingo, in the Los Tamarindos neighborhood; and Michoacán, in the 24 de Febrero neighborhood.
He added that these works, which were prioritized through the Strategic Projects Department, amount to a total amount of approximately $30 million pesos. The municipality will contribute the remaining 30 percent of the resources required for the projects that are authorized, for the direct benefit of thousands of Vallarta families.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Canadian woman hospitalized after being critically injured by rogue wave during her Puerto Vallarta honeymoon vacation A Canadian woman remains on a ventilator in a hospital after she was struck by a rogue wave while on her honeymoon in Mexico. Cory Moe, who is a long-term care nurse back in Carnduff, Saskatchewan, was in Puerto Vallarta with her husband Dalton for a delayed honeymoon and the pair were enjoying the water.…
- With new explosion and 249 minutes of tremors in the last 24-hours, warning about Mexico’s most dangerous volcano is issued In the last 24 hours, at least 128 exhalations, 249 minutes of tremors, a minor explosion, and a volcanotectonic earthquake have been recorded, which is why the population is urged not to approach the volcano.
- Puerto Vallarta or Cancun? Security issues in Acapulco and Cancún could attract tourists to Puerto Vallarta as a safer alternative The unfortunate situation of violence and insecurity that exists in tourist destinations such as Acapulco or Cancun, where executions or disputes between taxi drivers and Uber, respectively, are taking place, could attract more tourism to Puerto Vallarta, answering the question: Puerto Vallarta or Cancun?
- Puerto Vallarta carried out a cleaning day in the Cuale River Within the framework of World Environmental Education Day, the city of Puerto Vallarta coordinated a cleaning day on the banks of the Cuale River, with the participation of students and teachers of Secondary School No. 84 ‘Valentín Gómez Farías’. The councilor María Elena Curiel Preciado, president of the Building Commission for Education, Innovation, Science and…
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.