This video is exclusive content for PVDN Supporters. If you wish to gain access to PVDN exclusive content, join today! More details here (If you are currently a PVDN Supporter, you will receive the full video at 8 AM on October 12, 2021, in your exclusive PVDN Newsletter.)
The Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Puerto Vallarta turns 100 years old
The Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Puerto Vallarta started construction at the beginning of the 20th century as the first church in the city. In the beginning, it was a small chapel dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe, until Father Francisco Ayala arrived in the city in 1915, and suggested building a church dedicated to the original Basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City. The construction of the new church, to later be declared a parish, began on October 12, 1921, so today, we celebrate 100 years of the iconic landmark and first church built in Puerto Vallarta.
Tropical Storm Watch issued for Nayarit
A tropical storm watch was issued in Nayarit from San Blas to Sinaloa. Pamela is expected to strengthen on Tuesday and make landfall as a possible category three hurricane on Wednesday morning. The effects in Puerto Vallarta will be limited to light and moderate rains with high seas as Pamela passes Jalisco and takes aim for the coast of Sinaloa.
Superman’s son comes out as bisexual
It’s official. Jon Kent, son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, who has now taken on the role of Superman, has announced that he is bisexual, on International Coming Out Day. Superman Son by Kal-El is the next edition of the comic to be released in November, where Jon will explore a relationship with a male character. International Coming Out Day is celebrated each year on October 11 to encourage LGBTQ people to live their truth.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Hotel Marsol in Romantic Zone loses water after 17 years of non-payment The Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewerage System (Seapal) of Puerto Vallarta continues with its campaign to invite users who maintain a debt with the agency to get current on their bills, especially to those of the industrial and commercial sector. Following up on the third notification of collection management and notice of cancellation of water…
- Breathalyzer operations resume in Puerto Vallarta The Subdirectorate of Municipal Roads of Puerto Vallarta, headed by Jorge Alberto Castillo Núñez, began to carry out the breathalyzer operations in Puerto Vallarta with the intention of reducing accidents and deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers in the city. Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez ordered the operations to administer breathalyzer tests on Friday…
- The sixth cruise ship in October arrives in Puerto Vallarta The arrival of cruise ships to Puerto Vallarta continues with the Emerald Princess, from Princess Cruise Lines, which arrived at dock number 1 of the Integral Port Administration (API). The Emerald Princess is the sixth cruise ship to dock in Puerto Vallarta this month, of the 14 expected in October, leaving a positive impact on…
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief with Felipe Álvarez; October 19, 2021 Nightly breathalyzer tests have returned to Puerto Vallarta at random locations during the week, and every weekend at Francisco Villa Avenue and Los Tules Avenue, in Fluvial Vallarta.
- Sunwing will reactivate its routes to Puerto Vallarta with 288 flights from Canada Sunwing Airlines announced the reactivation of its routes from 10 Canadian cities to Puerto Vallarta for the winter season. This represents the return of more than 54,000 Canadian tourists to the Mexican beach, reported the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Promotion Trust. The routes will begin operating during the winter period, anticipating 288 flights from Edmonton, Ottawa,…