Southwest Airlines is ready to begin a new international flight between Austin and Puerto Vallarta (PVR) Riviera Nayarit on March 12, 2022 (subject to government approvals), as part of its 44th anniversary of operations.
Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit is one of Southwest Airlines’ top destinations and has been key to its international expansion into Mexico since 2014.
“We have designed a schedule specifically focused on adding key nonstop routes and increasing frequencies on routes currently serving Austin’s business and leisure travelers,” said Dave Harvey, vice president of Southwest Business and executive ambassador for the airline.
Meanwhile, Marc Murphy, managing director of the Riviera Nayarit Convention and Visitors Bureau, said that despite the global crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand generated by the region reflects in the number of flights and growing passenger arrivals.
“The addition of a new Southwest route to the destination “confirms the trust the North American market has in traveling during the upcoming winter season to Mexico and, of course, to the Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit region, an area they perceive as safe and peaceful,” he said.
Southwest Airlines flies to Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit from Houston, Phoenix, Denver, and Santa Ana, with more than 28 frequencies per week.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Government stops construction on four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for violations The Secretary of Environment (Semarnat) in Jalisco, Raúl Rodgríguez Rosales, reported that the government agency stopped the construction of four condominium developments in Puerto Vallarta for not complying with regulations.
- Investigation opened into taxi driver who intentionally hit and killed a woman in Puerto Vallarta The State Prosecutor’s Office is conducting investigations under the femicide protocol with a gender perspective, to clarify the facts which a woman lost her life due to being run over by a taxi, in what is believed to be intentional, in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, yesterday, January 29, 2023, at approximately 8:09 p.m.
- Canadian woman hospitalized after being critically injured by rogue wave during her Puerto Vallarta honeymoon vacation A Canadian woman remains on a ventilator in a hospital after she was struck by a rogue wave while on her honeymoon in Mexico. Cory Moe, who is a long-term care nurse back in Carnduff, Saskatchewan, was in Puerto Vallarta with her husband Dalton for a delayed honeymoon and the pair were enjoying the water.…
- Mexico outsources justice in its most high-profile cases to the United States The Federal Prosecutor’s Office for the Eastern District of New York has become an outsourcing agency for the Mexican government, since at least in the last five years, drug traffickers and high-profile criminals, who were not prosecuted for their crimes in Mexico, have been brought to trial and sentenced in the United States. The trial…
- With new explosion and 249 minutes of tremors in the last 24-hours, warning about Mexico’s most dangerous volcano is issued In the last 24 hours, at least 128 exhalations, 249 minutes of tremors, a minor explosion, and a volcanotectonic earthquake have been recorded, which is why the population is urged not to approach the volcano.