The investigation into the disappearance and death of Debanhi Escobar continues by the Attorney General of the State of Nuevo León ( FGE ), who has recently analyzed various videos and even found the cell phone of the young 18-year-old student.
However, one of the main players, pointed out by the family and public opinion, is the taxi driver who drove her on the day of her disappearance from Quinta where a party was taking place, and to the Nuevo Laredo highway, where he took a photograph of her before leaving her.
Juan David Cuéllar recently appeared for an interview on television, where he gave more details of his participation in the case of Debanhi Escobar, and the contact he had with her and her friends.
The driver assured in an interview with Info 7 that he met Debanhi Escobar and her friends through a private transportation application, where they contacted him to take them to the Quintas de la PGR, and exchanged numbers to later return them home.
He states that they called him to go for Debanhi shortly after 4:00 am, he later said that they had agreed to meet at 3:00 in the morning to take them, but on a trip outside the application.
However, when he arrived at the meeting point, only Debanhi Escobar got into the car, who first got into the back and then got into the passenger seat to presumably charge her cell phone inside the car. Her friends, he described, allegedly left in another car with other people.
“What she told me is that they were bad friends because they had not wanted to take her, she did not specify where,” explained the driver, adding that Debanhi was crying.
On the way home, the taxi driver said, she asked him to drop her off in the middle of a hill, but they ended up going back to the Quinta where he had picked her up, and Debanhi allegedly changed her mind again, asking to be transferred to another party.
It was on this last trip that she allegedly abandoned the taxi in the middle of the highway to Laredo, and after a few minutes of waiting, he took the famous photograph that was circulated in the media, and left.
He denied the accusations of Debanhi Escobar’s father, who said that his daughter suffered sexual harassment in the car, because it could be identified in the recordings that the authorities have that “he brought his hands closer to the young woman’s chest.”
“At no time did I try to touch her,” said the driver in an interview with the drivers of Info 7, adding that the Prosecutor’s Office has had his cell phone since the first day his interview was requested.
Later, he played other audios where the version makes a small change, since he allegedly sent audio to his friends, to whom he told them that he asked Debanhi to get out of the car in which he was transporting her.
“She got out, she no longer wanted me to take her. She started hitting me and I better tell her to get out. I just tell you to come get her. She doesn’t want to leave, I just let you know. Maybe her parents will think that I got her drunk”.
After leaving Debanhi, the man said that he arrived home, discussed the situation with his wife, went to the bathroom, and after about 10 minutes, returned to the road to find out if Debanhi Escobar was still in the area, but he was unsuccessful.
Finally, he assured that he came out to show his face so that everyone knows his truth, especially after he was accused of sexual harassment by Debanhi Escobar’s family.
He also revealed that the authorities carried out various searches, both in his car and in his house. So far, the Prosecutor’s Office has not revealed information about the investigations to the taxi driver.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- They predict 17 named storms for the 2022 Pacific hurricane season starting May 15 The 2022 hurricane season in the Pacific Ocean area will begin on May 15, according to meteorological projections in Mexico, and experts predict that there will be greater activity than last year. For 2022, 9 hurricanes and 8 tropical storms are predicted for the Pacific Ocean; that is, 17 named storms when the typical number…
- Puerto Vallarta prepares for National Tsunami Warning Drill Puerto Vallarta is preparing to participate in the National Tsunami Warning Drill, to be held next Monday, May 16, on the Mexican Pacific coast, under the hypothesis of a magnitude 8.2 earthquake, off the coast of Jalisco. This exercise is organized by the National Tsunami Warning System (SINAT) and the National Civil Protection System (SINAPROC),…
- Where do foreigners come from and where do they live in Mexico? Due to its location, which connects the south of the American Continent with the United States, Mexico is a transit country for foreigners, but it has also become a place of residence for hundreds of thousands who decided to make a life in Mexico. According to figures from the National Institute of Migration (INM), corresponding…
- Sabores Vallarta will celebrate the gastronomic diversity of Puerto Vallarta The gastronomic diversity of Puerto Vallarta will be presented through the Sabores Vallarta festival, which will bring together a wide variety of restaurants and artisanal distillates, to offer a quality event for locals and visitors. This event that will bring together the authentic flavors of Vallarta, as well as the gastronomic diversity that exists in…
- Inflation: Latin America’s poor struggle to afford basic foods No item is more essential to Mexican dinner tables than the corn tortilla. But the burst of inflation that is engulfing Latin America and the rest of the world means that people like Alicia García, a cleaner at a restaurant in Mexico City, have had to cut back. Months ago, García, 67, would buy a…