Showers and thunderstorms have become a little better organized this morning in association with an elongated area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico.
Read the latest news about this storm here: Tropical Depression expected to become hurricane off the coast of Jalisco
Environmental conditions appear conducive for the gradual development of a tropical depression over the next couple of days while it moves west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph, just offshore of the coast of Puerto Vallarta. The storm has a 90% chance of formation over the next 48 hours.
Last week, Hurricane Nora left an estimated $200 million pesos in damage along the coast of Jalisco and in Puerto Vallarta as it moved up the coast of Mexico. At least four people were killed and up to five are still missing.
Hurricane Nora caused floods and landslides along Mexico’s Pacific coast last Sunday while making landfall again and passing just inland of the Mazatlan resort area before veering into the Gulf of California and weakening into a tropical storm.
Communities in the coastal states of Michoacan, Colima, and Jalisco experienced heavy rain and rough surf as the storm moved northward hugging the shoreline.
Subscribe here for as low as .08 cents per day to access more content, and browse the site with fewer ads, all while supporting independent local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Secretary of Transportation of Jalisco says review of Puerto Vallarta’s public transport is needed Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – The Secretary of Transportation of Jalisco, Diego Monraz Villaseñor, recognized that urban collective transport in Puerto Vallarta is not working as they had hoped and therefore a review will be made to determine if the number of buses in the city is sufficient.
- The search for Canadian who went missing in Puerto Vallarta in 2018 resumes Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – On October 26, 2018, 69-year-old Canadian citizen Malcom Robert Angus Madson disappeared in Puerto Vallarta. He was last seen at a popular bar in the Romantic Zone with his girlfriend, whom they now nicknamed the “Black Widow”, since then his whereabouts have been unknown. That night, the Canadian went to the…
- A significant number of American Spring Breakers will arrive in Puerto Vallarta despite travel alerts Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – A significant number of Spring Breakers and other tourists from the United States will arrive in Puerto Vallarta over the Spring Break and Easter holiday period, despite the alert by authorities in the United States, said the Secretary of Tourism, Vanessa Pérez Lamas.
- I asked an AI Chatbot about Puerto Vallarta, and this was the response Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – We have all heard of AI chatbots in recent headlines, but most of us probably don’t really know what they are. Imagine if Siri could write you a college essay or Alexa could give you a Shakespearean-style movie review. In December 2022, OpenAI opened up access to ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence…
- Finding the best vacation rental in Puerto Vallarta (and not fall for a scam) Puerto Vallarta (PVDN) – Puerto Vallarta is a popular tourist destination located on the Pacific coast of Mexico. It is known for its beautiful beaches, lively nightlife, and cultural attractions. There are several vacation rentals available in Puerto Vallarta, ranging from apartments and condos to villas and beachfront homes. Some popular areas to consider for…