For the third consecutive day, Mexico registered more than 20,000 new infections of COVID-19, bringing the accumulated total to 3,068,329, while the country is going through its third wave of the pandemic.
According to the daily technical report presented by the Federal Ministry of Health (SSa), in 24 hours, 22,758 new cases have been registered, 603 new deaths. In total, 247,414 people have died in the country.
According to the data released by the SSa, the 10 entities with the most cases of COVID-19 are: Mexico City, State of Mexico, Nuevo León, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Puebla, Tabasco, Sonora, Veracruz, and San Luis Potosí, which together they account for more than two thirds (66%) of all accumulated cases registered in the country.
Health authorities warn that there are 153,081 estimated active cases, people who have presented symptoms during the last 14 days, which represents 4.7% of the total active pandemic in the country.
Receive the PVDN newsletter, exclusive content, and Whatsapp messaging for emergency alerts, by becoming a PVDN Supporter, Become a Sponsor here.Or if you would like to make a one-time donation to show support for independent news make a donation here.
This Friday’s report also indicated that 75,780,229 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered so far.
COVID-19 in Puerto Vallarta
On Friday, August 13, 2021, Puerto Vallarta recorded 188 infections in a single day, and Puerto Vallarta lost 3 more people to COVID-19 in the past day. There have been a total of 16,250 infections and 593 deaths in Puerto Vallarta since the beginning of the pandemic. There has been a total of 1,366 reported cases in the past seven days, compared to 1,715 cases in the seven days prior, for a decrease of 20% compared to the previous seven-day period.
Hospital Occupancy in Puerto Vallarta
Of the four public hospitals in Puerto Vallarta that report to the Federal Registry:
- Puerto Vallarta Naval Hospital – 33% occupancy with no ventilators available.
- Puerto Vallarta IMSS – 90% occupancy with no ventilators available.
- Puerto Vallarta Regional Hospital in Puerto Vallarta – 85% occupancy with no ventilators available.
- ISSSTE has failed to report current occupance or ventilators available.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Two arrested for the murder of Canadian tourists in Riviera Maya A man and a woman were arrested on Tuesday for the murder of two Canadian tourists in a tourist complex of the Xcaret theme park, in the Riviera Maya, in Quintana Roo, as reported by the State Attorney General’s Office in a statement. Christian R., Mexican, and Nhu T., a foreigner (their nationality has not…
- Jalisco expands the number of hospital beds to deal with COVID-19 increases Given the increase in hospitalization by COVID-9, the Government of Jalisco reported today that it expanded the number of beds enabled in the State. The Jalisco Ministry of Health reported that the number of spaces increased from 1,396 to 1,538. However, the authority did not detail in which hospitals the beds were increased. With this…
- Jalisco New Generation Cartel hitman arrested in Puerto Vallarta Agents from the Secretary of National Defense were part of an operation in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, land of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel ( CJNG ) in which they arrested an alleged hitman from the group linked to organized crime. At approximately 4:00 in the morning, they reported that a large number of elements, vehicles,…
- Coronavirus in Mexico as of January 22, 2022 This Saturday, January 22, the Ministry of Health (SSa) announced that until the cutoff at 5:00 p.m. (Central Mexico time), 4,646,957 total accumulated cases have been confirmed in the country since the beginning of the pandemic. As for the number of deaths, to date, a total of 303,085 deaths were reported. With these numbers, in…
- Two Canadians killed in shooting at Xcaret hotel in Quintana Roo Two Canadians were killed Friday and one more wounded in a shooting at a hotel along Mexico’s Caribbean coast, state authorities said. Quintana Roo state security chief Lucio Hernández said via Twitter that authorities were searching for a Hotel Xcaret guest in the shooting. He shared a photo of a man walking with a handgun.…