For the third consecutive day, Mexico registered more than 20,000 new infections of COVID-19, bringing the accumulated total to 3,068,329, while the country is going through its third wave of the pandemic.
According to the daily technical report presented by the Federal Ministry of Health (SSa), in 24 hours, 22,758 new cases have been registered, 603 new deaths. In total, 247,414 people have died in the country.
According to the data released by the SSa, the 10 entities with the most cases of COVID-19 are: Mexico City, State of Mexico, Nuevo León, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Puebla, Tabasco, Sonora, Veracruz, and San Luis Potosí, which together they account for more than two thirds (66%) of all accumulated cases registered in the country.
Health authorities warn that there are 153,081 estimated active cases, people who have presented symptoms during the last 14 days, which represents 4.7% of the total active pandemic in the country.
This Friday’s report also indicated that 75,780,229 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered so far.
COVID-19 in Puerto Vallarta
On Friday, August 13, 2021, Puerto Vallarta recorded 188 infections in a single day, and Puerto Vallarta lost 3 more people to COVID-19 in the past day. There have been a total of 16,250 infections and 593 deaths in Puerto Vallarta since the beginning of the pandemic. There has been a total of 1,366 reported cases in the past seven days, compared to 1,715 cases in the seven days prior, for a decrease of 20% compared to the previous seven-day period.
Hospital Occupancy in Puerto Vallarta
Of the four public hospitals in Puerto Vallarta that report to the Federal Registry:
- Puerto Vallarta Naval Hospital – 33% occupancy with no ventilators available.
- Puerto Vallarta IMSS – 90% occupancy with no ventilators available.
- Puerto Vallarta Regional Hospital in Puerto Vallarta – 85% occupancy with no ventilators available.
- ISSSTE has failed to report current occupance or ventilators available.
Subscribe here for just .08 cents per day to read subscriber content, join the PVDN newsletter, and browse with site ad-free. Support local news.
Trending news on PVDN
- Shooting in Zona Romantica in Puerto Vallarta leaves one dead and at least two injured One person was killed and at least two injured, one of them a police officer, as a result of a shooting in the heart of Puerto Vallarta. The area where the events occurred is one of the busiest in the tourist strip of the city, which is filled with bathers who go to Los Muertos…
- Violence in Jalisco: New cartel confrontations end with roadblocks and 4 vehicles set on fire In Jalisco there were armed confrontations that began in Zacatecas, which ended in the municipalities of Jalisco in Mexticacán and Cañadas de Obregón; The violent day ended with the burning of four vehicles and at least two dead police officers. The Jalisco Prosecutor’s Office began the investigation, and reports that the first of the events…
- Puerto Vallarta ranks third worldwide in the top 10 global beach destinations that grew tourism in 2022 According to a list of tourist arrivals by air prepared by the firm specializing in data analytics, Forward Keys, and released at the World Travel and Tourism Council ( WTTC ) the Top Ten Global destinations with the highest growth include Puerto Vallarta and two other Mexican destinations. San José del Cabo, in Baja California…
- Guadalupe pilgrimages begin in Puerto Vallarta The pilgrimages to the parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe and San José began in Puerto Vallarta, which this year expects more than 400 processions during the decade. According to the head of the Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe and San José, Alberto Aldana López, the influx of parishioners is estimated when activities resume…
- The commission of missing persons organized a search to find dozens of missing people in Puerto Vallarta The Commission for the Search for Persons of the State of Jalisco, implemented an operational deployment for three days in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta with dozens of relatives of people who have gone missing in Puerto Vallarta. During Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week, various search actions were carried out, with the intention…