A crocodile attacked a sunbather in Nuevo Vallarta and the video of the animal in the sea, as well as the victim with a bite on his right leg, has caused surprise among internet users who have made it viral on social networks.
Puerto Vallarta media have shared the video in which a man records the crocodile in the sea. “Just see how big it is; it just bit a person, fortunately, he came out alive because three people helped him,” he says.
In the images, you can barely see a shape in the sea, because the conditions are dark. The man who shares the video says that they are on the beach near the Flamingos Club, in Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit.
Another video shows the victim of the alligator, a 24-year-old man from Texas, who is attended by other tourists while his leg is seen injured by the bite of the reptile. His state of health was reported as stable after being transferred to a hospital in the area, according to reports from Vive Puerto Vallarta.
“Everything is going to be fine!”, his companion expresses to him, while the victim screams in pain in an explicit scene.
The attack of crocodiles on the beaches of Puerto Vallarta is a constant alert, especially in the rainy season when, due to the increase and overflow of rivers, the animals leave their habitat.
Just yesterday, through the Sub-Directorate of Environment, authorities in Puerto Vallarta attended to citizen reports about the sighting of a 1.52-meter crocodile in the area from the Cuale River, which was captured and was relocated to a suitable area to avoid risks to the population and guarantee the well-being of this specimen.
For the capture, the Human – Crocodile Contingency Attention protocols were followed, which are implemented in this type of case. The Environment Directorate reminds citizens that in case of observing the presence of crocodiles outside their habitat, they must have a minimum distance of 10 meters, do not feed them or throw objects and they must report to 911. Besides that, they should not invade the areas where this species inhabits.
Receive the PVDN morning newsletter and exclusive content by becoming a PVDN Supporter, learn more here
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Hotel Marsol in Romantic Zone loses water after 17 years of non-payment The Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewerage System (Seapal) of Puerto Vallarta continues with its campaign to invite users who maintain a debt with the agency to get current on their bills, especially to those of the industrial and commercial sector. Following up on the third notification of collection management and notice of cancellation of water…
- Breathalyzer operations resume in Puerto Vallarta The Subdirectorate of Municipal Roads of Puerto Vallarta, headed by Jorge Alberto Castillo Núñez, began to carry out the breathalyzer operations in Puerto Vallarta with the intention of reducing accidents and deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers in the city. Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez ordered the operations to administer breathalyzer tests on Friday…
- Puerto Vallarta News Brief with Felipe Álvarez; October 19, 2021 Nightly breathalyzer tests have returned to Puerto Vallarta at random locations during the week, and every weekend at Francisco Villa Avenue and Los Tules Avenue, in Fluvial Vallarta.
- The sixth cruise ship in October arrives in Puerto Vallarta The arrival of cruise ships to Puerto Vallarta continues with the Emerald Princess, from Princess Cruise Lines, which arrived at dock number 1 of the Integral Port Administration (API). The Emerald Princess is the sixth cruise ship to dock in Puerto Vallarta this month, of the 14 expected in October, leaving a positive impact on…
- Sunwing will reactivate its routes to Puerto Vallarta with 288 flights from Canada Sunwing Airlines announced the reactivation of its routes from 10 Canadian cities to Puerto Vallarta for the winter season. This represents the return of more than 54,000 Canadian tourists to the Mexican beach, reported the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Promotion Trust. The routes will begin operating during the winter period, anticipating 288 flights from Edmonton, Ottawa,…